1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Last year students who took the MCAT: Navy Mail Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jasminec, Aug 31, 2002.

1. jasminec

jasminec New Member

To those who took the MCAT last year:

I recall reading a thread about the Navy sending an e-mail out to students. I recieved one for myself and it said that "because of your high MCAT scores....etc"

Now, is this a generic e-mail or do they know the MCAT scores already? Anyone who recieved this e-mail last year do well/bad on the MCATs?

I am hoping it is a sign I did okay on the hellish thing.

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. donre

donre New Member

4. randomlogik

randomlogik Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I received the Navy letter too. However, I only took the April MCAT, not the August one. I am sure that they are looking at the April scores.

5. Kry

Kry cranky
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    yea, I've came to the same conclusion.. Most of the people I know that have recieved the letter had taken the exam in April and some also took it in August.

6. Forensic Chick

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So do they send it to everyone then? Or just MCAT scores above a certain cut off point? I'm just trying to figure out if my MCAT scores were really that good (great ego booster) or if I was just another name on the list...

Many thanks! :D

7. limit

limit Molesting my inner-child
    10+ Year Member

Whatever helps you sleep better at night :D

I wonder if anyone is willing to call the navy up and ask what the heck is going on with these letters.

8. Forensic Chick

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Nah, I'm afraid to call... Once you get the ball rolling with them the calls never end. It took almost 8 months to get the military to stop calling me after the SAT's...

I took the MCAT in April and just got the letter last week. I seriously doubt that anyone has the August MCAT scores yet -- or if they're even scored.

9. Pinki

Pinki Sassy Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hate to burst any bubbles...including my own. I was thinking April showers brought August flowers...but...alas...I asked a pal of mine yesterday who scored 22ish on the April test (and didn't take the August test) if she received the letter. Yep, she did. She laughed about it and made a joke about the idea of "military intelligence" if they think a 22 is a "high score".

10. Kry

Kry cranky
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

I figured as much...

11. walrus

walrus Member
    7+ Year Member

Anyone who thinks that anyone, like the Navy, has our scores already, has to understand one thing: It takes a really long time for them to receive our score sheets and score them. You might think that it is an easy task. After all, what's so hard about getting a package of scoring sheets in the mail and running them through some machine. Any idiot could do that.

Let me remind you...the people working at the MCAT scoring place are not people of average intelligence. It would be quite generous to say that they are "slow" or "mentally challenged". I mean, just take a look at the people "verifying" your AMCAS applications. Do you really think it should take them 4-8 weeks to verify them? Of course not, right? Wrong! Think again! Gross incompetence is a prerequisite for employment there.

In other terms, think of it like this...the MCAT scoring people are the ones who weren't good enough to work at the AMCAS verification offices. Something to think about!

12. X

X

Damn the military didn't send me anything. No love here from them.

X