Last year students who took the MCAT: Navy Mail Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasminec

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those who took the MCAT last year:

I recall reading a thread about the Navy sending an e-mail out to students. I recieved one for myself and it said that "because of your high MCAT scores....etc"

Now, is this a generic e-mail or do they know the MCAT scores already? Anyone who recieved this e-mail last year do well/bad on the MCATs?

I am hoping it is a sign I did okay on the hellish thing.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I received the Navy letter too. However, I only took the April MCAT, not the August one. I am sure that they are looking at the April scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea, I've came to the same conclusion.. Most of the people I know that have recieved the letter had taken the exam in April and some also took it in August.

So do they send it to everyone then? Or just MCAT scores above a certain cut off point? I'm just trying to figure out if my MCAT scores were really that good (great ego booster) or if I was just another name on the list...

Many thanks! :D

Originally posted by Forensic Chick
So do they send it to everyone then? Or just MCAT scores above a certain cut off point? I'm just trying to figure out if my MCAT scores were really that good (great ego booster) or if I was just another name on the list...

Many thanks! :D

Whatever helps you sleep better at night :D

I wonder if anyone is willing to call the navy up and ask what the heck is going on with these letters.

Nah, I'm afraid to call... Once you get the ball rolling with them the calls never end. It took almost 8 months to get the military to stop calling me after the SAT's...

I took the MCAT in April and just got the letter last week. I seriously doubt that anyone has the August MCAT scores yet -- or if they're even scored.

Hate to burst any bubbles...including my own. I was thinking April showers brought August flowers...but...alas...I asked a pal of mine yesterday who scored 22ish on the April test (and didn't take the August test) if she received the letter. Yep, she did. She laughed about it and made a joke about the idea of "military intelligence" if they think a 22 is a "high score".

Originally posted by Pinki
Hate to burst any bubbles...including my own. I was thinking April showers brought August flowers...but...alas...I asked a pal of mine yesterday who scored 22ish on the April test (and didn't take the August test) if she received the letter. Yep, she did. She laughed about it and made a joke about the idea of "military intelligence" if they think a 22 is a "high score".

I figured as much...

Anyone who thinks that anyone, like the Navy, has our scores already, has to understand one thing: It takes a really long time for them to receive our score sheets and score them. You might think that it is an easy task. After all, what's so hard about getting a package of scoring sheets in the mail and running them through some machine. Any idiot could do that.

Let me remind you...the people working at the MCAT scoring place are not people of average intelligence. It would be quite generous to say that they are "slow" or "mentally challenged". I mean, just take a look at the people "verifying" your AMCAS applications. Do you really think it should take them 4-8 weeks to verify them? Of course not, right? Wrong! Think again! Gross incompetence is a prerequisite for employment there.

In other terms, think of it like this...the MCAT scoring people are the ones who weren't good enough to work at the AMCAS verification offices. Something to think about!