Late AADSAS submission due to Nov DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marimich

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new here and this will be my first post.

I wrote the Cdat yesterday Nov 5th and will be submitting my AADSAS application today. I already called all the school to which I am applying and they told me that they will be able to receive my DAT scores in time so that is not the problem. My question is do I have a chance of getting an interview due to the fact that by the time they receive my DAT scores, some seats will already be filled.

My approximate stats: cGPA: 3.5 same as science GPA, wrote the DAT yesterday not sure how I did.

Does anyone have any experience with this EXACT situation: applying to US schools with Nov cDAT. Not to sound rude, but I dont really want to hear from anyone else unless you can really specific input into my situation because I have read a lot of information on this and called the schools and just want to hear from people in this exact situation.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I wrote the Cdat yesterday Nov 5th and will be submitting my AADSAS application today. I already called all the school to which I am applying and they told me that they will be able to receive my DAT scores in time so that is not the problem. My question is do I have a chance of getting an interview due to the fact that by the time they receive my DAT scores, some seats will already be filled.

My approximate stats: cGPA: 3.5 same as science GPA, wrote the DAT yesterday not sure how I did.

Does anyone have any experience with this EXACT situation: applying to US schools with Nov cDAT. Not to sound rude, but I dont really want to hear from anyone else unless you can really specific input into my situation because I have read a lot of information on this and called the schools and just want to hear from people in this exact situation.

Thanks in advance

Argh, sorry, I didn't read your post thoroughly. cDAT results will come out in early-to-mid-December and then you'll have to have them mailed out to your schools. Are you sure you're able to get them in on time?

Thanks in advance

Since you already called the schools, and have done your research (as you claim), you must be looking for a crystal ball interpretation. Not withstanding, you have no DAT scores either. So my crystal ball is a bit cloudy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep in mind that while the turnaround for aDAT scores are very quick (entirely computer based), the cDAT is much slower. It's a paper-based test and someone has to physically mark your soap (unless you decided not to do that section). I hope the schools you contacted aren't assuming that they'll get your scores in a couple weeks versus a month and a half.

thanks for your responses everyone. just to clarify: the schools i called explained to me that they deal with this every year (canadian nov dat) and said that they get scores late but still consider them. So i was looking for someone who has been in this situation to see what their experience was. I know the scores will be reviewed, my question was: will I have a chance at that time with seats being filled due to rolling admission.

In that case, sure you still have a chance. Certainly not all seats are filled up by Dec 1. It's a guessing game (or at least a matter of conjecture) as to which schools fill up "most" of their seats by Dec 1, but surely many don't. Plenty of people get in later in the cycle, even with average stats.