Late AAMCAS, Handin in person?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MysticHealer

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELP!
I miss read the application deadline for UMDNJ RWJ. I thought it was the 15th. I still have not yet submitted my AAMCAS. I truns out the their deadline is the 1st of DEC. Has anyone ever heared of, other than in a movie, of handing in a paper printout of the AAMCAS application to a admissons office? This is the only solution i can think of. Since the deadline is the 1st I can't hand it in till the second, since it's the first businessday. PLEASE GIVE ME REAL SUGGESTIONS.
I'm going nuts

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think I understand your situation - why can't you just complete the AMCAS app online?

C.

I'm going to try. But, becasue there is a lag between sumbission and transmission of a week to 30days, I'm going to get screwed.

Members don't see this ad :)
The deadline schools post is for you submitting the AAMCS app, I believe, not for AAMCS transmitting all your info to them.

The amount of time for transmission of the AAMCS info is unpredictable, and I think medschools recognize that you have no control over how long the process takes after you have submitted your app.

Most schools know you've applied shortly after you complete your app, and they contact you immediately, even before they receive your actual application. That's what is was in my case.

So, submit the app on line ASAP. I don't suggest that you submit a paper copy.

And take a very DEEP BREATH; you sound like you're about to bust a vein in your temple. :p

C.

YOu say no paper copy? I'm jsut trying to do all i can. I hope submitting online in time is enough. BUt I may show up ont he second and ask as well as maybe spil one udner the door on the night of the 1st.

I'm BEGGING you not to submit a paper copy. There's a lot more that comes with the AAMCS apps that med schools need - mailing labels for example. I'm sure they prefer the online info. It's a lot more convenient.

It'll be fine - remember, nobody likes a neurotic person, but whatever.

C.

I guess neurotic is bad. BUt I guess I'd like to still takte one oin on then 2nd
I don'tknow

I can't believe you've waited this long to submit AMCAS! What the heck have you been doing all this time?!

Well, anyway... if I were you, I'd submit AMCAS asap... then just to be on the safe side, I'd FedEx overnight a paper copy of my amcas to those schools who have deadlines in a few days.

Will do. I was undecided about my personal statement. trying to be too much of a perfectionist.

good luck....

p.s. there are "FedEx-like" companies out there who charge a lot less for overnight delivery. One is called "AirBorne Express" I think...