Late App - Acceptance

jes1ca

OP Resident
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2003
    Hey There,
    My AADSAS was mailed to schools Nov 10th. I don't know if you consider that late, but I do. I got into Tufts, Nova and BU. I got interviews at Temple, NYU and alternate list at Case which I skipped. I got waitlisted at Creighton and rejected from all other schools. I had 19's on every section of the DAT and 3.4/3.4 GPA (at least I am consistent). I felt like I was really late in the cycle and didn't find out about my first acceptance until Mid-February. Hope that helps but you are probably talking about this acceptance cycle.
    Take care

Jessica

spooky42

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 24, 2003
    ny
      I applied end of november and my application was completed in Jan. (recs). Accepted to Stony Brook, Upenn, Maryland and Buffalo. Didnt go to the rest of my interviews (temple, BU, NJ)after I found out about Stony Brook. no interviews from Uconn, arizona and columbia. dat aa:22 pat:17 gpa 3.9/3.98.

About the Ads

koogrl

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Aug 20, 2003
        Applied early but took DATs last week of December. Interviewed at Temple, NYU, Tufts, and BU...accepted at NYU and BU and waitlisted at Tufts. 3.0GPA and 19s and 20s on DAT.

msummar_smc

7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Feb 20, 2004
          koogrl said:
          Applied early but took DATs last week of December. Interviewed at Temple, NYU, Tufts, and BU...accepted at NYU and BU and waitlisted at Tufts. 3.0GPA and 19s and 20s on DAT.

From what I understand from reading this board, getting accepted after applying late and a 3.0GPA is very difficult. Congrats! Did you pick NYU or BU?

tanyak

10+ Year Member
          May 7, 2004
            My aadsas ap. was sent Dec. 30. DON'T APPLY LATE! I was rejected everywhere (Meharry, etc.), except NYU. Had interview at BU as well, but still have not heard back. APPLYING LATE leads to the ANGUISH AND ANXIETY of having know idea what you are doing for what seems like an eternity after everyone else. 3.4/19-academic/18-pat Good Luck!

HBomb

7+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Feb 20, 2004
            CA
              Glad to see we've ended the speculation...the only way to get in if you apply late is if you're a very well qualified candidate. The lesson: the rest of us need to apply early.

I applied in August (AADSAS sent app in Sep), and a school told me they thought I applied late.

ToothMonkey

7+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Mar 1, 2004
                I submitted my AADSAS on Nov. 25, and got into UPitt (which has a Dec. 1 deadline IIRC...*whew*). GPA: 3.6 (cum)/3.7 (sci), DAT: 24 (aa)/19 (pat)

It was very depressing to repeatedly be told by admissions personnel at rejecting schools that I would definitely have been accepted if only I had applied a few months earlier. Don't be a fool like me. APPLY EARLY!!!!!

c132

7+ Year Member
                15+ Year Member
                Jul 5, 2003
                  We had a guy that got accepted the first week of school. He was waitlisted, and a guy backed out during the first week, and they offered him the spot. They made fun of him for a while, but then he turned out to be in the top 5 of our class!!!!

aileen

7+ Year Member
                  15+ Year Member
                  Mar 17, 2004
                  NYC
                    I sent my aadsas application in Aug 2003, but took the DAT in Nov 2003. I was lucky to get accepted to my 1st choice school, given that I applied late. My stats were 3.6/3.6 and 23/17.

HBomb

7+ Year Member
                    15+ Year Member
                    Feb 20, 2004
                    CA
                      aileen said:
                      I sent my aadsas application in Aug 2003, but took the DAT in Nov 2003. I was lucky to get accepted to my 1st choice school, given that I applied late. My stats were 3.6/3.6 and 23/17.

I think you were very well qualified, much more so than lucky.

ziptree

DDS
                      10+ Year Member
                      15+ Year Member
                      Mar 25, 2003
                        Submitted AADSAS Dec 22, last LOR was received by AADSAS Dec 31, application was sent out in a very late AADSAS mailing on Jan 6-7.

Acceptances: UPenn, UOP, USC, UCSF, UCLA, Nova, Temple, NYU, Columbia, Harvard
                        Rejections: all state schools (except California, where I'm a resident), Howard, Meharry

msummar_smc

7+ Year Member
                        15+ Year Member
                        Feb 20, 2004
                          ziptree said:
                          Submitted AADSAS Dec 22, last LOR was received by AADSAS Dec 31, application was sent out in a very late AADSAS mailing on Jan 6-7.

Acceptances: UPenn, UOP, USC, UCSF, UCLA, Nova, Temple, NYU, Columbia, Harvard
                          Rejections: all state schools (except California, where I'm a resident), Howard, Meharry

I am assuming your stats are more than competitive????

About the Ads
                          This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          7. This thread is locked.