DO Late Applicant Chances/Schools: cGPA 3.49, MCAT: 30

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thebballa123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I am going to be completing my application in the next week or so. I am only applying to DO schools and I was hoping you guys could help me create a list of schools that would fit me. Here is all the information:
Graduate of UCSD
CA-resident
cGPA: 3.49
sGPA: 3.48
MCAT: 30 (V:8 PS:11 B: 11)
Clinical Volunteer for 150+ hours
Clinical Research for 150+ hours
Wet Lab research for 200+ hours
Teaching Assistant for 2 upper division college courses
Member of Fraternity for 4 years - have many philanthropic activities that can go with this
Employed as office assistant on campus for 2 years

I think that just about covers it. I know I am turning in my application late but I was hoping you guys could help me out a bit.

What DO schools should I look at? When researching the schools what should I look for? I have read the stuff on here about the older schools vs. newer ones and so on. But specifically what schools would fit me?
I am looking for a good list of 10-15

So far I know I will be applying to Touro-CA & Western University - Pomona

Any advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe your stats would make you competitive for Do but it is very late in the game. I would wait a few months and continue to volunteer and do EC activities and start prepping for applications next cycle.

I believe some DO schools require a DO letter.

Sent from my phone.

Also, I guess I should add that I have 2 letters of rec already (1 from science prof and 1 from non-science) and the 3rd one is coming from a science professor.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are in good shape for the following application cycle, but not this one. Do not submit your AACOMAS in december. You will likely not get in, and will be a re-applicant the following year, which arguably will make it more difficult. For the love of all that is holy, do not submit your AACOMAS in december.

Reactions: 1 user
DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE POSTERS!!! You should be able to get in somewhere, but you probably will not have your pick of schools. Make sure to apply to at least 10 programs.