Late application review for Out of state/International student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mypeanut

Desi Don
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was recently told by couple of my friends (International Students) that most schools won't process/review your application until late and specially if you are international its highly likely that your application won't be reviewed until November-December and interview most likely post-dec time. Is this true?

I am currently considered international since my GC is in process and i am thinking about taking DAT on July 9th at the moment. If this is true I could really use a 2 week extension to get more studying done.

I didn't post this in international forums since they are more focused on FTD and I don't see much about international traditional applicant stuff there.

Thanks for the input

Members don't see this ad.

So I was recently told by couple of my friends (International Students) that most schools won't process/review your application until late and specially if you are international its highly likely that your application won't be reviewed until November-December and interview most likely post-dec time. Is this true?

I am currently considered international since my GC is in process and i am thinking about taking DAT on July 9th at the moment. If this is true I could really use a 2 week extension to get more studying done.

I didn't post this in international forums since they are more focused on FTD and I don't see much about international traditional applicant stuff there.

Thanks for the input

Not true at all. I met a bunch of international students during my interviews in October and November.

Do you still think taking DAT on July 9th, Mid july, or end of july will make a huge difference?

Not true at all. I met a bunch of international students during my interviews in October and November.