late interview at rolling school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Benjo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at UVa (non-resident) in early march, and I was wondering if anybody had any insight as to whether I am interviewing for the waitlist or not. I feel like they've probably given out most of their out-right acceptances, even though they interview very few applicants. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

If that school is high on your list and there's a good chance you'll attend if you're accepted, go interview. I'm not sure why so many people get hung up on late interviews and interviewing for a waitlist spot. The fact is, you hear a lot of things that aren't necessarily true. If some people on here say, "Yeah, at UVa, you'll be interviewing for a waitlist spot," are you really going to believe what they say and either cancel your interview or not take it seriously? Obviously not so just go to the interview and kick some butt.

hopefully someone from uva can help you out but in general...

you can still get outright acceptances even relatively late but odds are that you will competiting for much fewer spots, so dont be surprised if you did get on the waitlist.

anything is possible of course.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know of people who've interviewed at UVA in February and been outright accepted, so a "late interview" at UVA certainly doesn't mean you're going straight to the wait list. UVA is an awesome medical school, and I highly recommend you take the time to interview there.

Good luck!

I'm interviewing there late this month and will definately go, regardless if I think I'm trying to get a spot on the waitlist. Like you, I am also an out of state resident, but UVA is an amazing medical school and I think you would be foolish to pass up the chance to interview there.

Thanks for the input. For the record, I was never considering not going to the interview. I was just curious as to whether I had any chance at an acceptance. Thanks anyway.