Late Interview Invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rayzer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the likelihood of receiving an interview 3-5 months after completion of secondary?

If my application's been complete at a school since sept, is it possible that they would invite me for interview sometime in '05? I haven't heard anything from a lot of schools, so i was assuming that i've been either on hold or rejected.

Is there anyone out there who has been through this that can help?

Members don't see this ad.

rayzer said:
What is the likelihood of receiving an interview 3-5 months after completion of secondary?

If my application's been complete at a school since sept, is it possible that they would invite me for interview sometime in '05? I haven't heard anything from a lot of schools, so i was assuming that i've been either on hold or rejected.

I think it was Julie Andrews who sang in CBS's 1956 TV movie of "Cinderalla": "Impossible things are happening everyday". So, it is entirely possible. You never know. It simply isn't over till it is over. It's not over till the fat lady sings. (Alright SDN-ers, I covered all the cliches. You can't possibly have anything else to add).

rayzer said:

My apps were complete in early September with recommendations. I received an interview invitation today.

So yes. There still is a good chance that you will receive one.

Jason

Members don't see this ad :)
Jason110 said:
My apps were complete in early September with recommendations. I received an interview invitation today.

So yes. There still is a good chance that you will receive one.

Jason

Congratulations! I am still waiting...i havent heard from any school for interview. I feel discouraged, and I am actually looking for some post-bac programs already. However, I hope to be just as lucky as you are!

kdnysux said:
Congratulations! I am still waiting...i havent heard from any school for interview. I feel discouraged, and I am actually looking for some post-bac programs already. However, I hope to be just as lucky as you are!

don't be discouraged .... good news will come ... it's still early (or we just assume that now) ... waiting for my interviews as well

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

I was complete at a school since early August, and I just received an interview invite last week! Took over 3 months to get back to me, so don't give up :D

kdnysux said:

I'm hoping the same. I have been complete since mid-August, and I still haven't heard anything.

susan96 said:
I was complete at a school since early August, and I just received an interview invite last week! Took over 3 months to get back to me, so don't give up :D

Hey Susan96, did u send updates or letters to the admissions committee? or did u just wait and do nothing else?

thanks

nope, i had already figured i was hopeless, because there are a LOT of other schools that i'm still waiting to hear from, so this was just one in a sea of other schools...when i got the *tiny* envelope i didn't even want to look in :scared: There are some schools that I have sent an update to, and it hasn't helped me yet :(

susan96 said:
nope, i had already figured i was hopeless, because there are a LOT of other schools that i'm still waiting to hear from, so this was just one in a sea of other schools...when i got the *tiny* envelope i didn't even want to look in :scared: There are some schools that I have sent an update to, and it hasn't helped me yet :(

Do update letters really help? Know of anyone with a success story about this? Might be a stupid question, but I'd like to know....maybe updating them about an Indian cooking class I took may help :confused:

I know the feeling when you receive that envelope in the mail...it's like I dont even want to bother reading it...I figured it's just another bad news...i guess there's hope...Congratulations to you!

i think the letter thing depends on the school - ive called a couple and at uvm, for example, im on the "bottom third of the list of people waiting for an interview" and it doesnt matter if i write a letter, a pamphlet, or a book - i wont be reviewed again unless they have to go all the way down that list

what if the update isn't ready until the middle of january? (e.g. new semester grades)... is it worth contacting the school now to let them know that more and hopefully improved grades are coming?

I've gotten some interviews, but am in a similar situation at most of the schools. I was complete in September, so I'm not holding my breath at these places. However, I did hear a story the other day that gave me hope. Last year, someone with no interviews wound up with 9 invites after Christmas. I'm hopeful that things will heat up in January.

I was complete at most schools in late July and early August, and got most of my interviews within six weeks of being complete. I assumed that those I hadn't heard from weren't interested, but I just got another invite this week. It is definitely possible, especially at schools who tend to have slow admissions offices. :luck: :luck:

are admissions people even working after next weeK? cause if most schools close for the holidays soon, we can just start hoping for jan invites...

susan96 said:

hey, congratulations! i hope you do well~ ;) :thumbup:
do you mind letting us know which school that is? that might give us some hopes if we are applying to the same school. thanks! :)