Late interviews okay for non-rolling schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sexycani

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it okay to interview in lets say late October/early November (although we've been invited now) for schools WITHOUT a rolling-admissions policy?

Members don't see this ad.

Check the MSAR on each school.
It'll show how soon they extend acceptance letters to applicants.
I don't know how the school's exact timeline would be, and probably no one will other than somebody working as an adcom at the specific school.
If you want to be sure, I think you could call the admissions office to ask how soon the adcom meets to decide the first batch of acceptances.

is it okay to interview in lets say late October/early November (although we've been invited now) for schools WITHOUT a rolling-admissions policy?

Depends. Penn and Harvard have one announcement, and interview people as late as February. For your sanity, I'd try to interview as early as possible everywhere. Get it over with so you can enjoy your winter term.

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally don't feel that October/early November is late by any means for interviews!

If I get invites from Yale and/or Penn :)xf:) I'll probably delay them until at least Nov/Dec because of how busy September and October are for me. It shouldn't make any difference for schools that have truly non-rolling admissions (ie, no one is accepted before all interviews are done).

so this is not an issue then? will this look bad on my interest in a particular school?