Late Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I get a late interview, does that necessarily mean that I would be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist? Late as in March or April interview. I know many of you guys are still getting interviews.

Or does it mean that there really are spots left in the class?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hey underdog, i would assume an interview now would be for the waitlist. although there are probably exceptions. i would jump for an opportunity to interview for a waitlist spot.

when i interviewed at rwj, the admissions lady actually said that there were spots still waiting to be filled! she said that they would continue interviewing until all spots were taken! so i guess there's hope for late interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
All of my interviews are "late." I've been told, explicitly, that I'm interviewing for an acceptance not a waitlist.

LowlyPremed said:
All of my interviews are "late." I've been told, explicitly, that I'm interviewing for an acceptance not a waitlist.

thank god for us.

One of my interviews was in mid Feb and I received an acceptance 6 days later. I had an interview elsewhere on 3/8 and someone on SDN who interviewed around the same time, maybe a little later, at the same school heard from the Dean that they still had at least 80 acceptances to give out. So while I think at a lot of schools you ARE just interviewing for waitlist, some other schools are still handing out acceptances. I'll let you know in about 3 weeks if I get into the school I interviewed at on 3/8 :)

theunderdog said:
If I get a late interview, does that necessarily mean that I would be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist? Late as in March or April interview. I know many of you guys are still getting interviews.

Or does it mean that there really are spots left in the class?

Thanks!

I reluctantly interviewed 1st week of March at an expensive private school. Almost cancelled the interview cuz I figured 'what's the point?' However, just got an acceptance 2 days ago with a $30,000/yr scholarship. So it's never too late. ;)

I got in to UAB after a 3/2 interview

Em1 said:
I got in to UAB after a 3/2 interview

I think it depends on the school. For some, you're definitely interviewing for the waitlist, while other still give you a legitimate shot at an acceptance.
G'luck -Mo

LucidSplash said:
One of my interviews was in mid Feb and I received an acceptance 6 days later. I had an interview elsewhere on 3/8 and someone on SDN who interviewed around the same time, maybe a little later, at the same school heard from the Dean that they still had at least 80 acceptances to give out. So while I think at a lot of schools you ARE just interviewing for waitlist, some other schools are still handing out acceptances. I'll let you know in about 3 weeks if I get into the school I interviewed at on 3/8 :)

Well, so just as an update I received an acceptance letter on 3/24 to the school I interviewed at 3/8.

ask the admissions office and they will tell you.