Late... LATE.... LAAAATTTEEE!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackbird03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any August MCATers that have yet to send secondaries? I also have two recommenders that have yet to file their letters... :(

I'm also thinking of giving up on NYU and Columbia.... I didn't even send their applications

Anybody in the same boat?

Please advice

Members don't see this ad.

One of my rec letters is still not in.
I still have a couple of 2ndaries to do. Some schools also seem to be waiting for my august mcat to see if I should do a secondary - that or they're just taking their own sweet time.

Assume that you AMCAS is submitted and (almost) verified, I don't see how you are late. Schools will not evaluate any part of your app until it is complete. Since August MCATs won't be released for 3-4 more weeks, you have plenty of time to do secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
My pre-med committee letter is not going to be ready until October! I am trying to get all secondaries in ASAP so that all that is left are my August scores and the committee letter.

Originally posted by JBJ
Assume that you AMCAS is submitted and (almost) verified, I don't see how you are late. Schools will not evaluate any part of your app until it is complete. Since August MCATs won't be released for 3-4 more weeks, you have plenty of time to do secondaries.

They'll be released in about a week and a few days :)

My amcas is verified and transmitted and have received all the secondaries from schools that don?t screen (about 10)and have only finished four - the really easy ones. Gotta love Penn for that reason!

Don?t think your that late since mcat scores won?t reach schools till mid to late october so just get them done by then.

ALso waiting on a lor.

Good luck

Dont give up on columbia or NYU.. im not sure which but one doesnt use rolling admissions so they wait till decemberand then evaluate all apps and make decisions so that defintly helps you. Good luck

It's Columbia that's not rolling. They don't wait until December to evaluate the apps -- I was invited in November for an early December interview last year (and I was an August MCATer). Also, they interview like half of the people who apply. They are one of the schools that looks at total package, too, so getting your foot in the door with an interview is worth a lot. Since you're an August MCATer, the late LORs are not hurting you as much as if you'd had a realistic chance of having complete files by now. Try to get those 2 letters right away, and you should be fine. And don't wait on the secondaries. Every little bit of time advantage helps when you're an August MCATer. If you get them in now, you'll be a little bit ahead of the game. Get going, and good luck!! :)

Thanks for your support! I have been working on them and I'm getting more of them done.

I hope I get to see some fellow SDNers at interviews :)

good luck to all of you