Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Late MCAT, 3.5 cGPA

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by mellie93, 05.17.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. mellie93

mellie93

Pre-Medical
    So I currently go to UVA and I am in the Commerce School there. My cGPA is a 3.54 and my ECs are president of the Persian Club, am an owner of a business at School and will be managing it full time next year, working at a dental office for 3 summers, and working in a research lab at UVA. I am also about to start shadowing a pediatrician this summer. I have yet to take the MCATs because I was way too busy this semester and I knew I would not do well if I took in the beginning of the summer. My current plan is to take it August 15th. I hope to get mid-30s on it since I am taking this summer to study for it. Further note, I won't be taking my physics lab until my fourth year. Would my application for this cycle even be good considering my late MCATs and not even having physics lab done?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    Apply with the best possible app, even if it means waiting a year.

4. mellie93

mellie93

Pre-Medical
    So you think I should apply the next cycle?

5. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    That was the point of my post, yes. Watch out for reading comprehension on the MCAT VR section!
    :)

About the ads