late october date okay for Step II CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurotrancer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planning on taking Step II CK in late october. My step I is 210. I only wish to get into a solid path program, I don't care about getting into a top program. Will this be okay for path applications?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was planning on taking Step II CK in late october. My step I is 210. I only wish to get into a solid path program, I don't care about getting into a top program. Will this be okay for path applications?

Thanks!

The fact is, your board score is not impressive, nor is it just incredibly horrible. I know for a fact you can get into most path programs with that score if there are other factors in your application that are impressive. So you need to rotate well in pathology and get a good LOR or two from program directors. But even if you don't do that, you would still probably have a shot somewhere. But who knows where. So forget about your step I score, focus on your current rotations and studying for Step II. That's all you can do.:thumbup: