Late Season Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greeneyes23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard about any interview invites this late in the season...

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't gotten anything but rejections since December 3rd. I am still waiting on a couple of NYC programs (although my hopes aren't too high for them).

Dazed said:
I haven't gotten anything but rejections since December 3rd. I am still waiting on a couple of NYC programs (although my hopes aren't too high for them).
Well I got my last invite, University of Washington, quite late in the season. By that time I thought I was going to have a heart attack if I did not have an answer one way or the other.
By now, you should call programs if you have not heard.
Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get an interview with Emory till pretty late, I think late November. I had been expecting to get an interview with them, so when I hadn't heard, I called, and they actually hadn't reviewed my application yet (yeah, what the hell...? I submitted it in early September). I got an interview a few days after I made the call.

I didn't get an interview with NYU until mid-December. No explanation for what that means.....Maybe my application was overlooked again, or maybe I just didn't make the first cut.

Moral of the story: call any programs that you haven't heard from yet. They might have overlooked your application or some other bull$#!t, and you really owe it to yourself to find out.

I havent heard from Cornell which I assume is because they are not planning to give me an interview... but I called and they said my application was to be reviewed. Hmmm... is that a nice way of saying we are waiting till Jan to reject you? A$$holes.

I dont know what it is with some of these NYC schools, but they are notorious for being late interviewers, based on what people from last year's applying class have said. I also have not heard from Cornell.

CALL programs that you are interested in and waiting on.

Some of these programs (NYC programs in particular) get thousands of applications and don't know who is serious about applying and who is just clicking off another eras box. If you are a good canidate, but not stellar it is very easy to get overlooked if you don't express some sort of interest. This is also why students to do away rotations tend to get interviews with less stats than another student, because it is assumed that they are more serious about the program.

kind of late now for this advice but good luck to everyone.

I just heard from Cornell yesterday - pretty late, but I'll take it. Anyone else hear this late?