late secondary...what to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nichols195

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay....do i have a major problem here?

sent in a secondary 33 days after receipt and the school says the secondary application form should be completed within 30 days after receipt....i was unaware of this...i already called in to check on the status and they said they have received everything....am i in trouble? will they see this as, "well, we have plenty of other applicants with 3.5's and up with 30+ mcats ...this jackass didnt even bother" and just toss it? this school is my first choice and where i attended undergrad...
i know i am a competitive applicant and as an in-state resident would be very suprised if i did not at least interview....so i'm guessing if i do not hear anything soon i should worry that its because it was a few days late
so do i email/call the admissions office about this and risk drawing attention to something they might not really even notice?
do i just wait it out and if I hear nothing in the next month then call?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't say anything. The way schools are busy right now I'd be very surprised if they notice. However, be ready for the old "why did it take you so long to get your secondary in?" question should you get an interview. A friend of mine was asked that question at Rochester. He got in, but it was asked.