Late Thank You Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StringBean

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so I may be the BIGGEST procrastinator of all time. I'm going on 1 month after a couple of interviews and I'm just sending out thank you notes. I stress over what to write and then I just plain old procrastinate :oops: . They are not really at the top of my list so I'm not incredibly concerned (which may be part of why it was so easy to put off) but I should keep all bases covered just in case. Am I killing my chances at these places? Opinions?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm probably not the best person to answer this, as I'm in the same boat myself - but I'd think it would always be better to send a late thank you that's sincere and gracious,and that helps them jog their memory of you, than to send no thank you at all?

With this crazy interview schedule, I'm sure many are in the same position. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Best of luck! :luck:

As long as there's a thank you letter in your file come ranking time I think you'll be alright.

StringBean said:
OK, so I may be the BIGGEST procrastinator of all time. I'm going on 1 month after a couple of interviews and I'm just sending out thank you notes. I stress over what to write and then I just plain old procrastinate :oops: . They are not really at the top of my list so I'm not incredibly concerned (which may be part of why it was so easy to put off) but I should keep all bases covered just in case. Am I killing my chances at these places? Opinions?
Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. I'm a month late and I'm still thinking of what to write. :scared:

I am in the same boat and was procrastinating to no end, when the PD from my first interview sent me a thank you! that got me moving - i emailed all my interviewers from that day and the most recent interview (one 3 days before, so that was at least timely.)

I think better late than never is the right way to think about this stuff. I