Late to AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MNgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received word from AMCAS that my application was just entered into their database. I intended to get my app out earlier, but took longer to complete my personal statement than expected and was pondering retaking the MCAT. Is getting my preliminary application out at this time a big negative for me? I feel pretty good about my qualifications otherwise. I'm afraid to ask, but I would appreciate any honest feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't really say that it's a "big negative". The thing to know is that the schools are already offering interviews to people. This means that you might get a later interview rather than earlier. This could impact your chances at some schools who have a rolling decision policy, as they make decisions as they interview. If your stats are good, it shouldn't be a problem. You might want to see which schools you have applied to have a rolling decision so that you know what to expect. Good luck!