Latest DAT date to still be in the first round?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avery07

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to set the date for my DAT. Before I wanted it on June 14 but after making out a schedule of what I have left to study, it looks like I won't actually be done covering new material until June 18. I would still like a week or two after that point to do massive review sessions each day.

What do you all think of Monday, June 28?

I will submit my app the first week in June and don't want to miss out on the first round of applications. Should I be ok with this date or should I move it up to June 21 or sooner?

Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

bumpity bump bump:thumbup:

From what I've gathered through browsing these forums...I suppose you will be considered late first batch/early mid batch. Both are not gonna kill your chances though.

If you were submitting late august/september, then I would be worried for you.

reportedly it takes about 3-4 weeks for aadsas(they however list 4-6 weeks) to process your transcripts with the aadsas service anyhow. If you apply and complete everything the 1st day June 3rd.

3 weeks puts it at 6/21. 4 weeks puts it on July 1st. Somehow I get this feeling you'll have lazy employees looking at 4th of july weekend and wanting to bolt out as fast as possible. If they truly take the 4-6 weeks to process your info then you're fine.

DAT scores are sent directly to the schools anyhow and takes about a 1 or so to verify and be considered "official" from your unofficial results.

I have a 6/25 test date. I might move it forward a week to go on vacation.

The important thing you should consider is this. Being the 1st guy @ the door doesn't mean crap if in the process of trying to be first you get a low DAT score. While getting your application in on time is important, a higher score is vastly more important.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
im a canadian student doing the US DAT on May 18th 2010

i should be good for the first round right?

I was also wondering the same thing. I heard that taking the DAT in late June will still put you in the first batch and I am planning on taking it around June, 30th. It would be nice for people to confirm it though.

Is it bad to send your application before taking the DAT? Or is it better to send both at the same time?

Is it bad to send your application before taking the DAT? Or is it better to send both at the same time?

It is not bad to send your application in first. Send your application in ASAP when it becomes available online. You can take your DAT after because it takes approx 4 weeks for your application to process anyways.

The important thing you should consider is this. Being the 1st guy @ the door doesn't mean crap if in the process of trying to be first you get a low DAT score. While getting your application in on time is important, a higher score is vastly more important.

ditto.... i did the same thing two cycles in a row. took the DAT in july and september in hopes if taking it "earlier" when i wasnt fully 100% ready. i ended up doing not as best as I could/wanted and there goes an entire cycle. this year, the earliest im going to take it is end of august.

it doesnt matter WHEN you take it, what matters is your scores. 25AA in dec > 18AA in june