Latest date for interview offer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2003doc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi-

I was wondering how late interviews are usually offered- if you don't receive an invitation or rejection by say, Dec. 1, is it safe to assume that you will not be offered an interview? Do some programs that are not interested never respond or do they usually send out a letter of rejection? I'm trying to make the most cost-efficient travel plans but do not want to keep other programs where I have been offered interviews waiting.

Appreciate the advice....

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely not. I interviewed until late January/early Feb, and some programs only gave a couple of weeks notice. I would say MOST invites are probably out by early January, but definitely do not count yourself out if you don't have interview invites by December 1.

Thanks Kimberli... I applied to some places that are fairly close to one another, and although it'd be great to be able to cut down on travel cost and time, if I end up getting them all in the end, I guess I'll have to force myself to take multiple trips and enjoy it :)

-A

2003doc...

If you have not already done so, I would suggest contacting programs in the area where you are already interviewing (but have not as of yet received an interview offer), letting them know that you will be in the area interviewing at Program X and would love to see their program as well - could they review your application and offer you an interview date?

If the administrative person is not particularly helpful, a letter to the PD may help - don't be obnoxious or a pest about it, but it mya get you an answer faster and help you save some $.