latest date to take step 2 for programs to see score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kgal1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i didnt do very well on step 1
and need to show improvement on step 2 to residency programs

what is the latest time that i can take step 2?
i would like the programs to see my step 2 score - so they can give me an interview...

also, does anyone know the date in which programs download your eras app? i would like my score to get there by this date

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i would like the programs to see my step 2 score - so they can give me an interview...

also, does anyone know the date in which programs download your eras app? i would like my score to get there by this date

thanks

Call up your student affairs office or just drop by their they get paid to give you correct information and help you with the process.

The last time most programs downloaded my application was on Nov 1, the day the deans letter came out. So I'd assume you'd want your step 2 to be back by then, and you have to take into acount that it takes about 3-6 weeks from test date to get your score. For me it took 4 weeks for my step 2 score to come.

Oh yeah, I choose to not automatic transmit usmle scores.

thanks

Your USMLE transcript goes out when fill out your ERAS application. It usually posts to your file within a couple of days of you submitting the rest of your ERAS application. Updates (like new USMLE Scores) will automatically post to your file and will be sent to the programs that you apply to but most places will make their decisions to invite you for interview based on what's in your earliest application. Take Step II early if you need it for Step I "damage-control" (July-August of your third year). You can prepare for Step II while you are studying for your shelf exams (Step II is mostly medicine anyway).

Programs will download applications when they are posted to their mailboxes (within a few days of you applying to their program). You can follow the progress of your application download on the ERAS site. Most programs will download at least once per week and some will download daily in the first few weeks after ERAS opens.