Latest from ABPMR, MOC pilot study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

painfre

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
https://www.abpmr.org/news/certlink/certlink.html

I was hoping not to take recertification exam. But it looks like I just missed it and have to take both PMR and Pain exams. My Current PMR/Pain cert is till Dec 31, 2020. Am I going to lose my certification in 2021, if I do not take any board recertification exams by 2020 but do assessments through the CertLink platform in 2021. Can I get recertification back by end of 2021 with out taking exam.? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This seems to be more of the same bullcrap. MOC should be eliminated, not modified as an attempt to appease us. Do they get the message MOC in any form is extortion and we do not accept it no matter what pretty face they try to put on it?

Reactions: 2 users
This seems to be more of the same bullcrap. MOC should be eliminated, not modified as an attempt to appease us. Do they get the message MOC in any form is extortion and we do not accept it no matter what pretty face they try to put on it?
Amen. It sounds like they are trying to come up with some new crap that makes the current crap look slightly worse. It's a freaking jobs program.

Interested as to their thought process.

They don't have to worry about being the first organization to go rogue. There is already some cover from ABIM and ABA.

Interested as to their thought process.

They don't have to worry about being the first organization to go rogue. There is already some cover from ABIM and ABA.

@lobelsteve, I would like to see the current salaries and officer compensation for the ABPMR. In fact, all physiatrists should demand it. I don't think that paying Anthony Tarvestad, JD $400K per year was wise financial management. Their revenues have grown tremendously and are now an approximately $6 million/year operation. That's our money.

Attachments

• 2014_ABPMR.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 67
The focus is going to be deregulation. At least for the next 4 years.

The time is right to push hard.

@lobelsteve, I would like to see the current salaries and officer compensation for the ABPMR. In fact, all physiatrists should demand it. I don't think that paying Anthony Tarvestad, JD $400K per year was wise financial management. Their revenues have grown tremendously and are now an approximately $6 million/year operation. That's our money.
Fascinating read. I had no idea that ABPMR owned 7 million dollars of diversified investments.

I'm so pissed this organization steals money from us, then uses that money to steal MORE money from us. We don't want repeal and replace of MOC, we want REPEAL, no replacement.

Reactions: 3 users