Latest I can take DAT for 08 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rusky

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I am going to apply in May, when is the latest I can take DAT and still be competitive with other applicants.

PS: sorry for all these random questions, you guys are like my new family so I am taking full advantage of it :)

Members don't see this ad.

Its a question I am interested in as well.

The absolute LATEST in my opinion for people applying in May 2007, is the first week of August.

If I am going to apply in May, when is the latest I can take DAT and still be competitive with other applicants.

PS: sorry for all these random questions, you guys are like my new family so I am taking full advantage of it :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The absolute LATEST in my opinion for people applying in May 2007, is the first week of August.
Thank you first of all, and to clarify, is that latest to be competitive or latest as in last day to submit scores...

you can submit an application, up to December or later. To be competitive you diffidently want to turn it in before September.

i'd say august too, and latest to be competitive. i shot mylsef in the foot at first bc i took it in october, and it just made life very difficult. but i'd say that many people taking the dat by early august were the ones that had december 1st acceptances

latest to be competive, I took my DAT on August 8 2006.

Thank you first of all, and to clarify, is that latest to be competitive or latest as in last day to submit scores...

then I don't understand why all these kids are taking it in May.:confused:

B/c they are proberly out of college already and have nothing else to do. I took it in August b/c I had to study for my college classes in May didn't have time to study until June and I need at least two months to study!

Perhaps give themselves time enough to take again if necessary (3 months between times you can take it) or maybe just enjoy their summer.

I took it twice, both times late summer (Aug/Early Sept), and I HATED studying all summer. I lost my entire summer studying in the library. The second time I took it in the first week of Sept, I was accepted Jan. 17th.

However, both times I applied to AADSAS no later then early June.

for someone who needs to get back to the roots (core science classes) and have been out of school for "number" of years, guestimate time I might need to prepare for this devil.

Perhaps give themselves time enough to take again if necessary (3 months between times you can take it) or maybe just enjoy their summer.

I took it twice, both times late summer (Aug/Early Sept), and I HATED studying all summer. I lost my entire summer studying in the library. The second time I took it in the first week of Sept, I was accepted Jan. 17th.

However, both times I applied to AADSAS no later then early June.

I thought you needed atleast 90 days between taking DAT?

also, how much better did you do 2nd time?

for someone who needs to get back to the roots (core science classes) and have been out of school for "number" of years, guestimate time I might need to prepare for this devil.

I'd say 2-3 months of intense studying would be adequate.

Depends how high your number is. The math sections stuck with me and I havent had classes over that material for over 8 or 9 years. I only had to relearn a couple trig formulas but I was ready to aim for a perfect on that section within a couple hours of studying. The science on the otherhand.....thats a lot of material. A lot of memorization was used in those classes and that material tends to be flushed out of your brain to remember stupid things like grocery lists. It depends on how long ago you learned it nad how much you retained, but be prepared to sink a good amount of time into it.