Latest MCAT Date: May 18th/19th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aklvkk

C&H85
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I signed up for an earlier MCAT test date for the middle of this semester but found myself too unprepared, and so decided to push it back to a later test date (May 18th/19th). My question is whether this is too late, since some people say you need your MCAT scores by June 1st when the application opens, and the scores for those dates are reported on June 20th. I'd appreciate any input!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

A few days difference in having a complete application isn't going to be significant compared to an MCAT that you felt well-prepared during. You're really only looking at being like a week late compared to the most on-top-of-their-game applicant which is negligible. I think that taking a May 18/19 test will be totally fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much WedgeDawg!!! That's a relief to hear.

I'll be taking mine on May 18. I'm a first time test taker for the MCAT, and I opted for the extra time to study! You're not alone! I think it will benefit us more in the long run. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user