Latest MCAT you can take and still be one of the first applicants?

bubbles3030

5+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Hey guys,
I am currently signed up for the April 4th MCAT.
However I am not feeling too good about my scores on the practice tests and I want to push the test back a little more.
My gpa is weak so I was urged to apply as early as I can, so I plan to hit submit on June 5th without my MCAT scores. Would taking the May 30th MCAT push back colleges getting my primary application?

Renaissance Man

Saving the World
7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2010
East Coast
Status
Attending Physician
Hey guys,
I am currently signed up for the April 4th MCAT.
However I am not feeling too good about my scores on the practice tests and I want to push the test back a little more.
My gpa is weak so I was urged to apply as early as I can, so I plan to hit submit on June 5th without my MCAT scores. Would taking the May 30th MCAT push back colleges getting my primary application?
Scoring takes a month, so the earliest that medical schools would get your MCAT score would be the very end of June. I don't know how every medical school evaluates applications, and whether they look at applicant's AMCAS without an MCAT score attached.

nabilesmail

7+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2009
Status
Medical Student
End of June seems okay right? Doesn't AMCAS not forward your primary until late June anyways? That is verification only starts happening late June.

Dec 17, 2012
Status
Can i be considered among the earliest applicants if I take the May 11th MCAT?

Assuming that I submit the primary minus the MCAT score on June 1st.

Renaissance Man

Saving the World
7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2010
East Coast
Status
Attending Physician
Can i be considered among the earliest applicants if I take the May 11th MCAT?

Assuming that I submit the primary minus the MCAT score on June 1st.
I am sure 11 days won't make a difference in your application, just be confident about your MCAT before taking the real deal (look at your practice test scores as predictors).

BABSstudent

Established Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2011
Seattle
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I am sure 11 days won't make a difference in your application, just be confident about your MCAT before taking the real deal (look at your practice test scores as predictors).
True. And some medical schools will not even begin to look at applications until later than the 28th of June. If you take the later May MCAT then you will have your scores available practically when schools first looking at applications.