Boonu

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
(On my brother's account)

I want to apply as early as possible to get in the first wave of applicants, but I'm not sure when I need my MCAT scores by. I'm currently signed up for May 23 (score release is June 24), but I want to change it to either May 27 (June 26) or June 13 (July 15). In order to apply as early as possible, which date is the closest to when I need to apply to be in the first wave? I don't want to be over, but I certainly don't need to be too early.

By the way, when should I be applying in order to be in the first wave? I still don't know that kind of stuff ^_^''

bodonid

Dr. Spaceman
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2007
Status
Medical Student
(On my brother's account)

I want to apply as early as possible to get in the first wave of applicants, but I'm not sure when I need my MCAT scores by. I'm currently signed up for May 23 (score release is June 24), but I want to change it to either May 27 (June 26) or June 13 (July 15). In order to apply as early as possible, which date is the closest to when I need to apply to be in the first wave? I don't want to be over, but I certainly don't need to be too early.

By the way, when should I be applying in order to be in the first wave? I still don't know that kind of stuff ^_^''
Why do you want to postpone? The first "wave" submits their applications in the first week of June. If you take either of the May dates, you should be fine. If you take June, the earliest you can submit is July 15, you won't be verified until August ~20 or so, and even with quick turnaround you won't be complete until September at most schools. This is still early, but you won't be in the "first wave". I took the June test, waited until late August to submit my primary, and was complete at most schools by late September. This was fine for me, because my numbers were above average, but if you are borderline you should submit as early as possible. If you won't be prepared to take it until June, that is another matter entirely.