latest (realistic) MCAT for 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

streetlight

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I want to apply as early as possible in the 2008 cycle (like everyone else), when is the last I can take the MCAT and have scores in time for whenever the application comes out?

Thanks for all your help.

Members don't see this ad.

So I want to apply as early as possible in the 2008 cycle (like everyone else), when is the last I can take the MCAT and have scores in time for whenever the application comes out?

Thanks for all your help.

From last cycle i heard that it was august... don't do late admission, it will really hurt ur chances!

Applications come out in June I believe so you should really take the mcat this spring in april...that way if u need to retake, god forbid, you can retake it in july...and have ur score back by august...u should really have ur primary apps done by june and secondaries done by july...you should be in good shape then...but only take it in the spring if you feel ready...dont hurt ur chance at a good score by rushing yourself...if they're going to offer it this many times a year might as well take advantage of it...

Members don't see this ad :)
Applications come out in June I believe so you should really take the mcat this spring in april...that way if u need to retake, god forbid, you can retake it in july...and have ur score back by august...u should really have ur primary apps done by june and secondaries done by july...you should be in good shape then...but only take it in the spring if you feel ready...dont hurt ur chance at a good score by rushing yourself...if they're going to offer it this many times a year might as well take advantage of it...

I kinda of disagree. The MCAT is important enough where you really should take 2-3 full months to study for it. Noone really cares when your primaries come in, what's important is that you fire your secondaries off AT SOON as you get them. I'd say the middle of July is the latest that you want to take it.

isn't when you receive your secondaries kinda contingent on when you get your primaries in? maybe i'm just really confused as to the whole process

I kinda of disagree. The MCAT is important enough where you really should take 2-3 full months to study for it. Noone really cares when your primaries come in, what's important is that you fire your secondaries off AT SOON as you get them. I'd say the middle of July is the latest that you want to take it.

AFAIK, your secondaries arrive only after you've completed the primary, no?

soo is it safe to say the earlier you send in your primaries the earlier you can send in your secondaries?

You do have to submit your primaries before your secondaries, however, a good number of the secondaries are instantaneous, and most are only 1-2 weeks delay if they aren't being screened. I still stand by what I said.