Latest to take MCAT and still be early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

R OL N

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've taken the MCAT prior to the CBT days and was not happy with my score. Decided to take some time off and am now ready to try again, I am not too concerned with the new format but before one must take it in April to apply early. How does the time line change now with the CBT and earlier releases?

Thanks in advance..

Members don't see this ad.

So I've taken the MCAT prior to the CBT days and was not happy with my score. Decided to take some time off and am now ready to try again, I am not too concerned with the new format but before one must take it in April to apply early. How does the time line change now with the CBT and earlier releases?

Thanks in advance..

I think you could take it in May and still have your scores by June... The first day you can typically apply is very early June... So I would say the latest you can take it and still be really early is May...

You could of course take it in June and have your scores in July, but that isn't as early, hope that helps.

Agree with previous poster. The time required to get scores back has steadily decreased, and now a may test date should get you scores before the first day of AMCAS.

Edit- just a reminder, 2008 scores will be back in two weeks, early June is still the first AMCAS date.

On the MCAT website it still looks like one month until score are released... where did you hear two weeks? I hope it is two weeks!! :)

On the MCAT website it still looks like one month until score are released... where did you hear two weeks? I hope it is two weeks!! :)

I would just like to point out that many people (including myself) have been spreading the rumor that scores will be available in 15 days starting in April 2008. According to this calendar

http://aamc.org/students/mcat/mcat2008.pdf

That is incorrect!! Please look out for people saying this and correct them, unless you know any different.