Latinos entering Med School in 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PR_MD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hola, what's up you all....I am curious to see if other latinos(as) have been accepted, and where you "might" end up at....just trying to see the diversity at different schools and programs.

Saludos,

PR_MD :luck: :D

Members don't see this ad.

Been accepted to Temple and USC - gotta go with USC :thumbup:

looks like it's going to be between UCLA and NYU for me!

if you all have any pros or cons about them, I'd love to hear them...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure I'll end up at Uniformed Services! :D

it looks like UIC. Good luck!

lulubean said:
looks like it's going to be between UCLA and NYU for me!

if you all have any pros or cons about them, I'd love to hear them...
Im jealous! when did you hear back from NYU? its the 17th and im losing my mind waiting for a response... I interviewed there in November or December I think. GRRR

but to the point, accepted to two Suny's, Jefferson, and NYMC none of which I really want to go to.... dammit!

i just heard this monday (2/14). i am sure you will hear anyday now, but understand how torurous the waiting is. :scared: you sound like an excellent candidate, so i wouldn't be too worried!

Looks like BU for me! But I'm desperately sending UC Irvine lots of correspondance to take me in off of the alternate list. Pray for me! :)

Saludos a todos!

Been accepted to MCW, TCOM & Texas Tech. I've decided on Tech! :D

Hasta luego
MedicoTre

I'm going to Baylor. Goodluck for those who are waiting and congrats to those who are not.

Hey,

Are you guys considered URM? Cuz I'm latino, and I'll be applying next cycle, and this URM stuff is very confusing to me.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure I will go with UCLA, but USC and UCSF are not completely ruled out. Good thing we got 'til May to decide...

Suerte a todos, espero ver a unos de ustedes como colegas

University of Iowa for sure.I am still waiting to hear back post-interview from Oregon Health & Sciences. I wonder if USC is still giving out interviews?

It looks like I am going to Stanford :)

Buena suerte a todos, :luck: :luck: :luck:

macaddict78 said:
University of Iowa for sure.I am still waiting to hear back post-interview from Oregon Health & Sciences. I wonder if USC is still giving out interviews?

I know they interview until April so I just snail mailed off a letter of interest just in case they are still sending out invites :)

so they allow latinos in med school now? maybe they'll let an unemployed alcoholic in too

(joking, although they should let unemployed alchys in)

drunk7daysaweek said:
so they allow latinos in med school now? maybe they'll let an unemployed alcoholic in too

Why don't you try it...and DIE of cirrhosis while you're at it! :idea: