law and order SVU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poety

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So they have the child that was molested on there molesting his little brother.

Now this is a tough one. What do we do with kids that are molesting kids - oy. They're not going to stop, so what can be done?

OPD? SAZI THOUGHTS?

Members don't see this ad.

Although you weren't specifically asking me, I've seen alot of kids who abuse other kids. Again, these kids have invariably been abused themselves.

Now how about this one. If you ever run a survivors group (i.e., survivors of sexual abuse) with adolescents, ask them to raise their hand if they in some way or another enjoy the abuse when it happens. You'll get quite a few raised hands in my experience. It seems that even though the attention they are receiving is terrible by adult standards, this often the extent of the "loving" contact and attention they get from parents, adults, etc. Consequently there is something about the encounter that they want and need, namely adult approval and contact. This conflicting emotions about the encounter (hurt and reward) can be extremely confusing and shame inducing in these kids. I've found that they are usually so relieved to hear others have these feelngs. I hope I explained this clear enough.

Back to the OP, I think that interventions do have an effect on this sort of behavior when the kids are young. But, I'm not familiar with the literature, so I would apprecaite if someone would correct me or confirm my hunches.