Lawsuit affecting med school admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedquestion911

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If the situation is truly as bad as you make it sound, I don't see how this could affect you. As long as it isn't a "Student sues university for giving him an F grade" sort of dealio.

Reactions: 1 user
It depends.

They want the individuals involved to come forward

This could mean anything honestly. You clearly can't tell me why you're doing the lawsuit for confidentiality reasons but this could mean rape where the perpetrator is at fault. This could also be a petty complaint towards professors.

If the lawsuit is as big as it is it might reach your state's med school anyways if you're going to a state Uni. Regardless, don't do petty lawsuits. Remember your ideal profession is medicine not law, large cases like these can do more harm than good.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If the situation is truly as bad as you make it sound, I don't see how this could affect you. As long as it isn't a "Student sues university for giving him an F grade" sort of dealio.

Not even close to that scenario... I'm just worried that the press will be negative... especially when applying to instate school that are familiar with this university.

It depends.

This could mean anything honestly. You clearly can't tell me why you're doing the lawsuit for confidentiality reasons but this could mean rape where the perpetrator is at fault. This could also be a petty complaint towards professors.

If the lawsuit is as big as it is it might reach your state's med school anyways if you're going to a state Uni. Regardless, don't do petty lawsuits. Remember your ideal profession is medicine not law, large cases like these can do more harm than good.

I can assure you this is not a petty lawsuit and has life long lasting effects on those who were involved.

I can assure you this is not a petty lawsuit and has life long lasting effects on those who were involved.
I'm not sure why you asked this question tbh. You can't tell us what happened due to confidentiality and yet you're asking for advice and leaving us with strings.

Here's my two cents: Don't ruin lives if you don't have to.

Making waves is generally not something looked upon favorably in higher ed.

Unless you were Kevin Spacey'd or something. That deserves attention.

Reactions: 1 users
This is when I wish that someone had hit "reply" before replying. Schools might be wary of admitting someone who has sued academic institutions in the past just as some physicians are wary of taking on a patient who has sued physicians in the past.

Reactions: 2 users