Lawsuit alleges OHSU leadership ignored reports of sexual misconduct by resident who was Tik Tok star

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhatNext

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
TikTok Doctor being sued for sexual assault, harassment while at OHSU
It is a long read, but I recommend reading the lawsuit, which details a pretty disturbing situation at OHSU

There are some interesting comments on Twitter with the hashtag #ChooKnew. Esther Choo, for those who don't know, is a high profile #medtwitter physician at OHSU. She started an organization to fight sexual harassment in medicine and has presented herself as an authority on the topic of gender inequality. One of the alleged victims came to her to tell her not only that the resident had sexually assaulted her, but also to inform Choo that there was a SECOND victim. The lawsuit says that Choo did nothing with this information, and advised the victims to NOT report it. Instead, she took a photo with the alleged perpetrator for Twitter and tagged him in a Tweet where she included him as a "friend". When the victim who had told her about the sexual misconduct confronted her about this, Choo denied being aware of the allegations at first, then made a comment "I don't need policing from White women"

Multiple people in leadership positions knew about this apparently. What is going on at OHSU?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this the only thread about this issue? Does no one else share my schadenfreude for exposing Choo as the charlatan she is?

Is this the only thread about this issue? Does no one else share my schadenfreude for exposing Choo as the charlatan she is?
There’s a little bit of internet social justice hero in everyone nowadays lol

Reactions: 1 user