1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

layoff, depressed & still dreaming.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by S. Ahmed, Feb 15, 2002.

1. S. Ahmed

S. Ahmed Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi all:

Yep, got the proof of how bad the economy is..got laid off and desperately looking for a job (to survive of course). I am seeing hope though.

At any rate, I always had a dream to apply to NC medical schoos (UNC AND ECU). But if I don't get a job in NC, I might have to move to Bay Area, California or somewhere else. I know UNC, ECU usually admit verfy few out-of-state students. Coupled with that fact that I have poor GPA, I will have no chance if I go out of state.

I guess my general question is this: How do u determine what schools to apply? Unless I am wrong, I thought state schools give least preference to the out-of-state folks.

Anyways..good luck all and have a pleasant weekend.

Shahab
    Durham, NC

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Daas Seeng

Daas Seeng Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hang in there buddy,

what you need to do is get a copy of your the aamc guide to look at this information. as for poor gpa, you need to look into some postbach classes - you can do this a junior college or otherwise. also, if your mcat is poor, retake it and work on your personal essay, explain your issues there.

i wish you the best of luck.

4. reesie0726

reesie0726 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

If you do a post-bac, don't do it at a community college. Adcoms will not like that too much. You don't have to go to a super expensive or presitgious school, your local state or city school should do just fine.