1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

LDS Dental Students Unite....

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by J-Dub, Dec 3, 2005.

1. J-Dub

J-Dub Army Doc
    Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    IF you're LDS where are you going? I just wanted to get a feel for how many there are and where everyone is headed...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    looky at my siggy! looks like we're classmates! where in seattle are you from? I grew up in Redmond since 1990.

4. Utes

Utes Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    As of today I'm headed to Tufts.

Utes

5. jaap

15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Sorry to hijack your thread and I know this isn't your purpose in posting, but:

Sometimes I think LDS students would do better to mix, mingle and associate with their friends of other faiths. A push for unity seems superfluous.

6. jpollei

jpollei Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Agreed...it happens naturally as jaap said. There are loads of LDS guys/gals wherever you will go to school. That said, for a good initial idea (around 200-225 applicants) of who is going where, check the predent acceptances board at the Health Professions office at BYU. I hear there may be something similar at the U and UVSC... It will at least give you an idea if you really are interested.

7. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey Catholics welcome too, but we limit it to that! :D
    C'mon, it's something he is interested in. We share a common bond and he is seeking that out. I don't see a problem with it. It's like saying UVSC students come together or whatever.

8. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Dude, what does LDS stand for? Just messin with ya, I'm from the ruff and tumble streets of SLC. :laugh:

9. kew

kew
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I think asking for where people of one common faith are going is a legitimate question. It's just a certain minority wanting to know where that certain minority is headed. I know my wife has asked me plenty of times if there's going to be students of her faith at the school where I'm going because she will feel a lot more comforted in the beginning to know that there's something she shares with others there right when she gets there. It's purpose is not to segregate, but a means to feel comfortable in the initial stages of an uncomfortable predicament in a place foreign to them and what they're used to.

10. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    wow, that sounded really good. thats what i meant to say ;)

11. Lostinbul

Lostinbul Pray'n for a letter!
    5+ Year Member

Well put! :thumbup: That is why my security blanket will be traveling with me. You know.......even with that little tattered corner damp from be sucked on. :laugh:

12. kew

kew
    10+ Year Member

Dentist