Program-Specific Info / Q's Le Moyne College OT 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTapp1993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I was just accepted to LeMoynes Occupational Therapy program that starts this summer and was wondering if anyone else has to!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone I was just accepted to LeMoynes Occupational Therapy program that starts this summer and was wondering if anyone else has to!

Congratulations! :)

I was too! Have you heard anything about the way the program & fieldwork are structured? or any student experiences in the program?

I'm not sure if I'll be attending yet but it was great to receive an acceptance letter today lol

Awesome congrats as well! if you look online they have the whole curriculum and fieldwork information laid out so you should check that out

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted too! I was waitlisted at my #1 choice school so as of now i will be attending Le Moyne in June! In am from Chicago so it will definitely be a big move! I know they are not accredited yet but they started the program last year right? so we will be the second class to enter? is that right?

-

Last edited:
Thanks so much!!! I am really excited; Do you like it?? I feel super nervous about making the move to NY! How is it? Do you feel like there are enough fieldwork opportunities are do you feel they are really limited? Is there a lot to do in Syracuse? What do you like about the program? Favorite part? Sorry for the questions!

Hey guys. First of all congratulations! I'm a part of the first cohort here at Le Moyne and we're almost halfway through our third semester. Let me know if you guys have any questions and I'll help you out.
Thanks so much!!! I am really excited; Do you like it?? I feel super nervous about making the move to NY! How is it? Do you feel like there are enough fieldwork opportunities are do you feel they are really limited? Is there a lot to do in Syracuse? What do you like about the program? Favorite part? Sorry for the questions!

Do you guys know if they'll accept you without MAT scores?! I don't want to take this test just for this school!!!!

Do you guys know if they'll accept you without MAT scores?! I don't want to take this test just for this school!!!!
It's easy, it's only 75 bucks and an hour. TJU, Temple, Salus, PhilaU? and SJU also accepts it, I believe.

No need to apologize, ask as many questions as you want. I do really like the program so far. Its set up in a way that we learn about a specific population and then go out in the community and work with those populations for our fieldwork. One of the parts that I like the most is that most other programs just observe during their level I FW, but we actually got to do a lot more hands on work with ours which was fun. For the second and third semester you'll get two FW rotations at different types of sites to expose you to all of the different types of setting OTs work in. Everyone got a FW placement so that wasn't anything to worry about. The professors are really cool and they're always willing to go out of their way to make sure everyone succeeds. I moved from Columbus, OH so I understand the worry about moving to a smaller city from a big one. It may take some time to get used to a smaller city like Syracuse, but its not bad at all. Lots of things to do around the city like the NY state fair, there's always bars, school activities, and you'll probably end up hanging out with your classmates/my classmates most of the time. As for accreditation, that's something none of us are really worried about. Our director is great and she's written a lot of OT curriculums so she definitely has the experience. Also we're in level 2 of the accreditation process and basically every program that has reached level 2 has achieved accreditation. Let me know if you guys have any more questions!

Thank you for the info! I am sending in my deposit this weekend :) Im really excited but also nervous too!

Also, do you live off campus? How hard is it to find good (and cheap!) off campus housing?

I actually didn't take the MAT because i didn't have time, and I was still accepted. But I would've taken it if i had time to

Members don't see this ad :)
-

Last edited:
I do live off campus, as does everyone else in the class. There isn't really any on campus housing for graduate students, besides the apartments right outside of campus but I would avoid those. You can find something much better for a similar price not too far away. Also we moved into a brand new building downtown, which is about 10 minutes away from campus, so I'd try to find something closer to the building. I only had 3 days to find an apartment, because the program started like a week or 2 weeks right after I graduated, but when I started looking I found plenty of options. Right now we're all compiling a list of where we're staying and other recommended apartments to send to the next class. Apartments around Syracuse are generally very affordable, especially if you have a roommate.

By any chance can you tell us what the building you live in is called? I am trying to search for places from now online and I don't even know where to start :( I need to visit the campus for m piece of mind in April I just need to find the time to do it. About how much is housing per month (rent) & I won't be having a car out there. Can you get by without a car?

Also, I am looking for a roommate(s) to live with for the OT program that will also be starting at Le Moyne in June! Please let me know if you are in the same boat! (Female)

I do live off campus, as does everyone else in the class. There isn't really any on campus housing for graduate students, besides the apartments right outside of campus but I would avoid those. You can find something much better for a similar price not too far away. Also we moved into a brand new building downtown, which is about 10 minutes away from campus, so I'd try to find something closer to the building. I only had 3 days to find an apartment, because the program started like a week or 2 weeks right after I graduated, but when I started looking I found plenty of options. Right now we're all compiling a list of where we're staying and other recommended apartments to send to the next class. Apartments around Syracuse are generally very affordable, especially if you have a roommate.
That would be amazing if we could see the list to help us out with housing! let me know if you have anymore info about that! or even if your class has a facebook page or anything with some info. Thanks so much :)

No need to apologize, ask as many questions as you want. I do really like the program so far. Its set up in a way that we learn about a specific population and then go out in the community and work with those populations for our fieldwork. One of the parts that I like the most is that most other programs just observe during their level I FW, but we actually got to do a lot more hands on work with ours which was fun. For the second and third semester you'll get two FW rotations at different types of sites to expose you to all of the different types of setting OTs work in. Everyone got a FW placement so that wasn't anything to worry about. The professors are really cool and they're always willing to go out of their way to make sure everyone succeeds. I moved from Columbus, OH so I understand the worry about moving to a smaller city from a big one. It may take some time to get used to a smaller city like Syracuse, but its not bad at all. Lots of things to do around the city like the NY state fair, there's always bars, school activities, and you'll probably end up hanging out with your classmates/my classmates most of the time. As for accreditation, that's something none of us are really worried about. Our director is great and she's written a lot of OT curriculums so she definitely has the experience. Also we're in level 2 of the accreditation process and basically every program that has reached level 2 has achieved accreditation. Let me know if you guys have any more questions!

If we plan on visiting the school, is there any way to get together with a few current OT students to discuss more questions? I would love to learn about the program in more depth. What does a normal week look like for the program? How many hours are you in class every day? Thank you for all the great insight!

Also, I am looking for a roommate(s) to live with for the OT program that will also be starting at Le Moyne in June! Please let me know if you are in the same boat! (Female)

I am still in the process of making the big decision as to what school to attend, but I'm leaning toward Le Moyne and would definitely be looking for a roommate!

I am still in the process of making the big decision as to what school to attend, but I'm leaning toward Le Moyne and would definitely be looking for a roommate!
I think we all are! it would be so helpful if there was a facebook page or something we could all join to discuss things like that

We're still developing the list, but I'll be sure to keep you updated on that. We haven't made a Facebook page yet involving next year's class, but our class didn't really make one for ourselves until everyone was sent the list of people that made their deposits. We will definitely make one to open communication between both classes, so I'll keep you updated on that as well. It's still very early in the whole process so bear with me!
Thanks SO much for all of your help!!!

-

Last edited:
I was just accepted! I am so excited, will you definitely be coming to Le Moyne in June?

yay congrats! and I am for sure, not sure about everyone else in the forum

I definitely am too, I actually just sent in my deposit today! Have you visited the school yet? I live 5 hours away so I haven't visited yet, but I plan to go sometime in the beginning of April. I was just wondering what the town is like

I definitely am too, I actually just sent in my deposit today! Have you visited the school yet? I live 5 hours away so I haven't visited yet, but I plan to go sometime in the beginning of April. I was just wondering what the town is like
Awesome! I haven't been to the campus, but I only live around 1 1/12 hours from Syracuse which I've been to a few times. there is definitely a lot to do and many restaurants, malls, and places to go! I think it'll be a great college town especially with Syracuse University close by

I recently decided to choose Le Moyne and just sent in my deposit so I'm excited to meet everyone! I'm from DC and I went to undergrad at University of South Carolina, so Syracuse is a big change for me! But I've heard great things and I'm trying to figure out housing right now too. I'm wondering if we can start a facebook group or something?

I recently decided to choose Le Moyne and just sent in my deposit so I'm excited to meet everyone! I'm from DC and I went to undergrad at University of South Carolina, so Syracuse is a big change for me! But I've heard great things and I'm trying to figure out housing right now too. I'm wondering if we can start a facebook group or something?
Sorry I just realized that someone already said something about making a facebook page for the classes combined. I think that's a great idea! Can't wait to meet you all

Hi everyone! I just got invited for a phone interview! Can anyone give me any tips, I've never had a phone interview before and I'm super nervous. Also, how long is their interview and how long did it take you to hear back?

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I just got invited for a phone interview! Can anyone give me any tips, I've never had a phone interview before and I'm super nervous. Also, how long is their interview and how long did it take you to hear back?
Congrats! My phone interview was probably around 45 minutes. The woman who I interviewed with was really nice and made it comfortable so it wasn't awkward at all. Honestly, she asked me a bunch of different questions, but nothing that was hard. I tried to have notes in front of me during the interview but I didn't need them at all. Just be yourself and youll be fine! I heard a week later with an email. They sent me an attachment of my official letter which I also received a few days after. Good luck! :)

Congrats!!!

Good luck!! Just relax and answer your questions honestly. She asked simple and straight forward questions, nothing to trick you. I also asked a few questions about the program which I think she liked because she was really enthusiastic about answering them. I got a letter back in the mail exactly a week after my interview, but it was dated the day after my interview so they make the decision very quickly!

Thank you everyone! If I get accepted, I most definitely will be attending :)

Hi everyone! I just received my acceptance letter, I'm super excited I'll be attending in June. I'm from Miami and it'll be a huge change for me especially the snow but i can't wait! Does anyone know if there is a tour they offer for incoming students will be flying soon up there to check out the area. Any info on financial aid . Can't wait to meet you all :happy::soexcited:

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I just received my acceptance letter, I'm super excited I'll be attending in June. I'm from Miami and it'll be a huge change for me especially the snow but i can't wait! Does anyone know if there is a tour they offer for incoming students will be flying soon up there to check out the area. Any info on financial aid . Can't wait to meet you all :happy::soexcited:
wow thats a move for you congrats! im sure youll love it though syracuse is a fun town! cant wait to meet you all as well :)

Congrats!! My interview was last weds!! Patiently waiting to hear back.

Does anyone know any good apartments around the area? Any good realtors? sorry for the questions just need to find a place asap

Does anyone know any good apartments around the area? Any good realtors? sorry for the questions just need to find a place asap
universityhillapartments.com or orangehousing.com has a lot of different places

Reactions: 1 users
do you guys want me to make a facebook page now? and then if the other class makes one or wants to join in we can arrange that!

Sorry, I think someone might have already asked this - but do they accept GRE scores instead of GMAT? Also, does anyone know what the difference is if the school isn't fully accredited yet?

Sorry, I think someone might have already asked this - but do they accept GRE scores instead of GMAT? Also, does anyone know what the difference is if the school isn't fully accredited yet?
I took the GRE but I would recommend taking the MAT since thats what they say to I just didn't have time to, but I did send my GRE scores. Its in the process of being accredited and it should be by graduation of the first class if everything goes as planned which im sure it will

Reactions: 1 users