le sigh....feeling pretty yuck about grades...need some cheering up...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TerryLo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yaaaarg...just found out grades for the fall semester...and the results are teeerrrribble :( :( :(! Got 2 C+ in some core science courses...so that makes 3 C+'s overall...damn. I was hoping for some B's but to my dismay...i didn't do as well as I had hoped on the finals...damn again. oooooh, what to do now? so i'm feeling pretty bad about myself...yano..the usual "i suck at life because of my ugly gpa" crap. would appreciate any insight, advice, success stories, friendly words, etc. to help me get out of this hole of misery I've buried myself in. this business is no fun...no fun at all.

Members don't see this ad.

You will be okay. Just keep working hard. As long as you did the best you can do, things will work out how they should. Try to push a little harder next time, or try some different study habits. But regardless, many people have gotten in with a few C+ grades.

Cheer up ya old bugger. What's done is done. No use feeling down over it.

However, you need to figure out what went wrong, and fix it. If you're serious about wanting to be a doctor, you need to realize that in the future, a C level performance in class might mean an important fact forgotten during your clerkship/residency, which might cost a patient his life. Keep that in mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the boost.

so was just thinking...it seems at this point that the only way to salvage my application is to go do the grad school route...is grad school very difficult? to those who are in the process or who have already obtained their masters in biology or any science for that matter...what is it like...in comparison to undergraduate studies...i know that's a dumb question so please bear with me... and also those who are doing post-bacc...what's that like...gah...again...apologies for the stupid questions.

Which classes did you get a C+ in? What school do you go to?

:(

Watch puppy videos on youtube. And remember that you'll do better next time. And remind yourself again and again that feeling bad about academic situations means you aren't feeling bad about something far more terrible (that's what I've been doing for the past two years...)

Post-bacc programs are supposed to be harder.

yaaaarg...just found out grades for the fall semester...and the results are teeerrrribble :( :( :(! Got 2 C+ in some core science courses...so that makes 3 C+'s overall...damn. I was hoping for some B's but to my dismay...i didn't do as well as I had hoped on the finals...damn again. oooooh, what to do now? so i'm feeling pretty bad about myself...yano..the usual "i suck at life because of my ugly gpa" crap. would appreciate any insight, advice, success stories, friendly words, etc. to help me get out of this hole of misery I've buried myself in. this business is no fun...no fun at all.

It can be overcome, but you will need to work hard. Post Bacc, SMP if it gets really bad, just do better herer on out and we'll see.