Jul 31, 2014
I was talking about this with a friend, and we started to wonder something. A lot of the higher end medical schools mention in their mission that they want to train leaders in the field. Would it be a bad thing to write somewhere on their secondaries that you want to be a leader in the medical field, if you have significant leadership experience to back up the claim?

edit: sorry, posted this in the wrong forum. If one of the mods could move it that would be greatly appreciated!

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
The trick will be writing this without coming across as egotistical or arrogant. Tread cautiously; let your leadership speak for itself.

I was talking about this with a friend, and we started to wonder something. A lot of the higher end medical schools mention in their mission that they want to train leaders in the field. Would it be a bad thing to write somewhere on their secondaries that you want to be a leader in the medical field, if you have significant leadership experience to back up the claim?

edit: sorry, posted this in the wrong forum. If one of the mods could move it that would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: gyngyn
OP
MajorBubblez
Jul 31, 2014
The trick will be writing this without coming across as egotistical or arrogant. Tread cautiously; let your leadership speak for itself.
Thanks for the response @Goro . How would mentioning something like "I want to be a leader as I feel I perform best when in a position of responsibility, as evidenced by..." or something along those lines come across?

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Seems OK.

Thanks for the response @Goro . How would mentioning something like "I want to be a leader as I feel I perform best when in a position of responsibility, as evidenced by..." or something along those lines come across?

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
How would mentioning something like "I want to be a leader as I feel I perform best when in a position of responsibility, as evidenced by..." or something along those lines come across?
This is awkward. Just give the evidence of your team-building skills. Let us be the judge.