Leader in Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MajorBubblez

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was talking about this with a friend, and we started to wonder something. A lot of the higher end medical schools mention in their mission that they want to train leaders in the field. Would it be a bad thing to write somewhere on their secondaries that you want to be a leader in the medical field, if you have significant leadership experience to back up the claim?

edit: sorry, posted this in the wrong forum. If one of the mods could move it that would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

The trick will be writing this without coming across as egotistical or arrogant. Tread cautiously; let your leadership speak for itself.

I was talking about this with a friend, and we started to wonder something. A lot of the higher end medical schools mention in their mission that they want to train leaders in the field. Would it be a bad thing to write somewhere on their secondaries that you want to be a leader in the medical field, if you have significant leadership experience to back up the claim?

edit: sorry, posted this in the wrong forum. If one of the mods could move it that would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: 1 user
The trick will be writing this without coming across as egotistical or arrogant. Tread cautiously; let your leadership speak for itself.

Thanks for the response @Goro . How would mentioning something like "I want to be a leader as I feel I perform best when in a position of responsibility, as evidenced by..." or something along those lines come across?

Members don't see this ad :)
How would mentioning something like "I want to be a leader as I feel I perform best when in a position of responsibility, as evidenced by..." or something along those lines come across?
This is awkward. Just give the evidence of your team-building skills. Let us be the judge.