Leadership - Directing a short film

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxconquistador

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quite a few of the applications ask for leadership experiences. Would being the director of a short film count or would they look at that as a silly thing.

Otherwise any suggestions on gaining leadership experience between now and january.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on how you spin it. How many people were on your team? Was there a schedule? Any planning? Obstacles? How did you overcome them? What did you learn?

join a club and become an officer (secretary, president, etc.). that's the easiest way to obtain leadership experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about this for leadership: PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD. That would be a pretty impressive EC.

Quite a few of the applications ask for leadership experiences. Would being the director of a short film count or would they look at that as a silly thing.

Otherwise any suggestions on gaining leadership experience between now and january.

I think director of a short film would be a great leadership experience! I actually wasn't very outgoing in school (I was always a little shy); I didn't have much experience as a club officer, so I thought of everything I've done that had any sort of leadership experience involved in it whatsoever-- one of the things I put was how me and my sister helped organize a softball league for the kids in our community. Maybe people might think that's silly, but it was a good experience for me, and it involved leadership! I also put a food drive that I helped with, and a club that I was actually involved with (a media club in college). That's all I put, but it didn't come up in the interview. I did get asked some leadership questions though.