Leadership experience combined with non-clinical volunteering

MeddyMedicine

Jan 15, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I was the VP and President of my greek fraternity and it provided me with a lot very meaningful leadership experience, so much so that I'm including it as a most meaningful experience. A big part of my time in leadership included an effort to increase the quantity and quality of our service events, and over the course of 4 years I collected several hundred hours of non-clinical volunteering through the frat.

My question is how to go about organizing that in my activities section. Should I do 2 separate entries, one for the leadership and one for the service as a result of that leadership. Or, my other option is to include the service under the description of my leadership entry somehow.

I appreciate any and all help/opinions. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
D

deleted1025690

I was in the exact same position and ended up separating the two. Just because you definitely learn and experience so many different things in a leadership role but that’s MUCH different than what you would experience when you serve the community. If the volunteering was conducted in multiple different ways I’d place it under a catch all Non-clinical community service experiences type title. Idk if this is the best way tbh, just what I ended up doing at it worked out for me!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.