Leadership Position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ComicBookDude

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was offered a job as the music director for one mass at the University Church (I go to a Catholic University). This involves, picking music, directing the singers, and playing piano and organ. I am going to take this job regardless because it pays well, but I was wondering if this would one day be worth putting down on a medical school application, even though it's not science based.

Members don't see this ad.

I was offered a job as the music director for one mass at the University Church (I go to a Catholic University). This involves, picking music, directing the singers, and playing piano and organ. I am going to take this job regardless because it pays well, but I was wondering if this would one day be worth putting down on a medical school application, even though it's not science based.

Yes, but hopefully you are also doing it for the Lord.:)

Absolutely. Leadership is leadership. Believe it or not, ADCOMS actually like to see interests other than biology and chemistry. It makes you are more well-rounded applicant and you never know what aspect of your application will strike a chord with your interviewer. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
That seems like quite the leardership position, i'd definitely put it

Absolutely. Leadership is leadership. Believe it or not, ADCOMS actually like to see interests other than biology and chemistry. It makes you are more well-rounded applicant and you never know what aspect of your application will strike a chord with your interviewer. :)

ooh that was really punny!

It shows the ability to lead a group, to plan ahead, to take a position of responsiblity. Include it!

The fact that it pays well (first time I've ever heard someone say that church music pays well :laugh: must be relative to the poverty of most students) and that you are doin' it for the Lord doesn't hurt, either.;)