Leadership Roles?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaltFlats

Reaction score
One of my secondaries asks my most meaningful leadership positions. Truthfully, I don't have a lot of concrete leadership positions, but I have a lot of teaching experience (peer tutor, peer editor, TA). I received a Fulbright for an English Teaching Assistant role this past year, and I was considering using that mostly because I worked with what the other teachers called a "troubled" class and actually got them to come to school. Instead of the teachers telling me what to do, I actively advocated for changing the lesson plans in order to increase class involvement. Can I use this as an example?

The only other real leadership role I had was where I took on the role of a clinical coordinator while I was a full-time student, but that did not go well. I managed 5 other students during this time, but like I said, it wasn't the best experience.

Members don't see this ad.

I think teaching is one of the greatest aspects of leadership so definitely think they count. The main downside to strictly using teaching as your leadership experience is that there isn't always a strong group dynamic if you only did it on a peer to peer basis. I would definitely highlight any impact you made on the class as a whole, such as your example with changing the lesson plan.

Reactions: 1 users