Learning the slides and then watching lectures at faster speed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taeyeonlover

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
M1 here. I am still trying to figure out what is the best and most efficient way to study and succeed in classes. I have noticed that when I watch school lectures , everything makes sense but because I'm just letting the professor explain the concepts, I don't really absorb the material and by the time I am done watching them, I only know off the top of my head maybe 10~15 percent of the material. The real learning begins when I actually sit down and study the notes and powerpoint slides on my own. Therefore, at times, I am thinking "I could be using this time actually learning the information on my own instead of watching lectures" but I really don't feel like skipping out on the lectures because I know that sometimes, the professors tell you what's important and explain the concepts in a clearer way.

This applies to board materials too. For example, I would be watching a sketchy video or pathoma video and I find the information useful but I would absorb so much more if I spent more time reading through the materials.

Would it be a bad idea to read through the lecture slides and learn on my own first, then watch the lectures at a faster speed, and finally study the slides again with the notes I made while watching the lectures?

How do you guys approach lectures? Cause lectures at our school can be like one hour or more.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just skip lectures entirely and learn from board materials. Then do Anki + practice questions

• Dislike
Reactions: 12 users
I approached lectures by not watching them lol. Agree with the above - but go over lecture slides the few days prior to your exam.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be a bad idea to read through the lecture slides and learn on my own first, then watch the lectures at a faster speed, and finally study the slides again with the notes I made while watching the lectures?
Hot take, I watched lectures. At my school I found them to be really clinically minded and I feel that they helped me a lot for being better prepared for the wards (in addition to boards). I read through the slides on my own first, outlined what I thought were key take aways, and watched at 2x speed since I am not an audio learner so it was more to see if my outline encompassed the key points. For me, the number 1 key to success on boards was sketchy and FA. I still think back to sketchy's when I am stuck on a problem or trying to come up with a differential since the path videos are bucketed so well.

A lot of people are going to just tell you to Anki, but it just isn't for everyone. That being said if lectures aren't helpful for you, you should dump them.

• Love
I approached lectures by not watching them lol. Agree with the above - but go over lecture slides the few days prior to your exam.
I did this as well

I have friends who only watched the videos the night before exams and passed. Unfortunately my brain works at 0.5x. I need constant repetition and reinforcement via anki/qbanks

I don't fully understand how you all can make due without watching lectures. I could finish a whole subdeck from anking and there would still be 1-5 questions out of 40 which my school picked directly out of the lectures.
The content on our exams is in AnKing, but the lectures are essentially a filter to decided what is useful for the exam at my school.

I don't fully understand how you all can make due without watching lectures. I could finish a whole subdeck from anking and there would still be 1-5 questions out of 40 which my school picked directly out of the lectures.
The content on our exams is in AnKing, but the lectures are essentially a filter to decided what is useful for the exam at my school.
Most of the questions are going to come from the powerpoint slides, not the lecture itself - unless your professor is just a jerk.

I studied board materials, and then woke up early on test days to skim all the powerpoints covered by the test a few times over right before taking it. Most of the time, that was enough to get the majority of the lecture-only questions right.

I skimmed through the lecture slides and took my best guess. This was enough to stay in the A to B range and I'm not particularly intelligent either. You'll be fine

Lecturers will have a whole slide deck here and then say "this isn't important.. but this is" which makes that method impossible. If I looked at my lectures without the voiceover I would think the most low yield material is important

As much as I rag on school lectures sometimes, you still need to watch them as a main resource. I think the viewpoint that you skip lectures, go right to ANKI/UFAP/etc., and profit is overrepresented. I'll provide a rough outline of what I (and numerous others did who very successful and scored 260+, matched Ortho, etc.)

7am-Wake up and get ready +/- workout if I get up early enough. Invest in a home gym.
8am: Attend live lectures as your first pass. Put asterisks on any points you want to clarify with professors on breaks.
12pm: Eat lunch, relax. Get some coffee before the PM session if you need it.
1-4pm: Continue lectures and attend mandatory events.
4-6pm: Take a break. Go for a run/workout if you haven't already, eat dinner, walk with a friend, call your parents, play with your kid, or do whatever you need to. Take a solid hr off.
6-9pm: Independent study. Avoid coffee. Reread the lecture notes, create ANKI cards for things you need to memorize, and make tables/flowcharts for anything you need to conceptualize. The last hour should be devoted to testing yourself. Do not skip this, you need to test yourself daily whether you want to do this with ANKI. I personally just used lots of blank sheets of paper and rewrote things until I learnt them.
9-11pm: Form a Zoom study group of motivated colleagues. Medical school's lonely and you don't need to do it alone. Go through all the lectures again. Spend time efficiently. If more time needs to be spent clarifying concepts do it...if more time needs to be spent quizzing each other on the paths of arteries do that.

Modifiers:
--> Once you start Pathology, of if you start Pathology from the get-go look at the lecture notes and figure out which sections of Pathoma correlate to the topics you cover. Set aside time the previous day OR the morning if you can wake up an hour earlier to listen to Pathoma and take notes in the margins.

--> If your school teaches organ systems style from anatomy/histology -> pathophysiology/pharmacology during one block then you're lucky! Invest in the following resources right from the start:

1. USMLE First AID for Step 1 Digital Copy: Spend a few minutes every day figuring out which pages related to the lectures you're going over. This makes seem a bit more real and engaging. During your studying for the day, continually cross-reference these pages.
  2. SketchyMicro: When your school teaches Micro, do the same thing with SketchyMicro that you do with Pathoma. Review it before the courses.
  3. Ask your colleagues when the best time to start UWorld is and do that.

Reactions: 4 users

The only block I didn’t honor in preclinical was the block I watched all the lectures. It’s a huge time sink and takes time away from better resources. You can put the majority of your time into rx or amboss, anking, and then sketchy/BnB/pathoma/whatever. Then before the exam, look through the PowerPoint slides.

Reactions: 2 users
Lecturers will have a whole slide deck here and then say "this isn't important.. but this is" which makes that method impossible. If I looked at my lectures without the voiceover I would think the most low yield material is important

I don’t know where you go to school, but the high yield stuff for your exams should mostly be the high yield stuff in board resources. If they are testing you on stuff that is mostly not in those resources, then they’re not doing you right.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t really get a lot from lectures so I don’t like to watch them but it kinda depends on the professors. I have some professors that seriously only teach low yield stuff, which sucks. Lectures are just a really passive way to learn. If they work well for you then watch them. If they don’t seem to be that great then skip them. You don’t need to feel bad either way. Just figure out what works and stick to it

maybe try just going over the powerpoints and skipping the lectures and spending that time doing more active learning. The worse thing that can happen is you score a few points lower on your next test. Best case scenario it saves you a bunch of time and you score better

Last edited:
Making your own anki cards, drawing tables/figures over and over, writing down notes on sheets of paper and reviewing them over and over - all of these things are extremely inefficient and is basically a manual version of Anki. No offense to anyone who did these methods - I'm glad it worked out for you - but med school definitely does not have to be a 7am-11pm grind everyday (in fact, the only time I've ever worked this much is currently now in dedicated).

Spend your time doing more questions in M1/M2 and getting through BnB/Pathoma/Sketchy because you'll thank yourself when dedicated starts.

M1 here. I am still trying to figure out what is the best and most efficient way to study and succeed in classes. I have noticed that when I watch school lectures , everything makes sense but because I'm just letting the professor explain the concepts, I don't really absorb the material and by the time I am done watching them, I only know off the top of my head maybe 10~15 percent of the material. The real learning begins when I actually sit down and study the notes and powerpoint slides on my own. Therefore, at times, I am thinking "I could be using this time actually learning the information on my own instead of watching lectures" but I really don't feel like skipping out on the lectures because I know that sometimes, the professors tell you what's important and explain the concepts in a clearer way.

This applies to board materials too. For example, I would be watching a sketchy video or pathoma video and I find the information useful but I would absorb so much more if I spent more time reading through the materials.

How do you guys approach lectures? Cause lectures at our school can be like one hour or more.
Active learning >>>> passive learning.

Use what works for you; while tons of people swear by Anki, it's not for everyone.

Read this:

Making your own anki cards, drawing tables/figures over and over, writing down notes on sheets of paper and reviewing them over and over - all of these things are extremely inefficient and is basically a manual version of Anki. No offense to anyone who did these methods - I'm glad it worked out for you - but med school definitely does not have to be a 7am-11pm grind everyday (in fact, the only time I've ever worked this much is currently now in dedicated).

Spend your time doing more questions in M1/M2 and getting through BnB/Pathoma/Sketchy because you'll thank yourself when dedicated starts.
Disagree that ANKI is more efficient for everyone.

Anki seems great because it's like a place for everything and there are premade decks, but it becomes really mind-numbing after a while. Also, for many, forcing everything to be an ANKI card is kind of overkill. I don't know what it is but there is a huge pro-ANKI crowd on SDN/Reddit. In my medical school survey (n=>250) we found that it was not a primary resource and that there was no association between ANKI use and USMLE Step scores. There were all-stars in both camps. There was a pretty large association with attending lectures and honoring preclinical classes though. Only a quarter of students reported ANKI consistently (key word) for board prep. Hardly anyone started doing UWorld/USMLE Rx in 1st year either because my school, the curriculum is not integrated so they wouldn't have the pathophys knowledge to do most the questions so most had to end up starting midway through second year.

Also, the time table I proposed offers pretty reasonable breaks. Medical school is a grind. ANKI is not going to magically fix that. I'm sorry if I'm being annoying and going against the ANKI-fans with this, but there are so many people here on this site or who I mentor who think they're stupid for not having ANKI work for them who read Reddit/SDN forums and are convinced it's the best way to score 272+ on their USMLE. It's really freeing to just be like, screw ANKI, I'm just going to watch lectures and then test myself.

If Anki works for you, that's great and I'm sure there is something to it with the whole spaced-repetition idea but there are other ways to be just as successful that are not "extremely inefficient".

Disagree that ANKI is more efficient for everyone.

Anki seems great because it's like a place for everything and there are premade decks, but it becomes really mind-numbing after a while. Also, for many, forcing everything to be an ANKI card is kind of overkill. I don't know what it is but there is a huge pro-ANKI crowd on SDN/Reddit. In my medical school survey (n=>250) we found that it was not a primary resource and that there was no association between ANKI use and USMLE Step scores. There were all-stars in both camps. There was a pretty large association with attending lectures and honoring preclinical classes though. Only a quarter of students reported ANKI consistently (key word) for board prep. Hardly anyone started doing UWorld/USMLE Rx in 1st year either because my school, the curriculum is not integrated so they wouldn't have the pathophys knowledge to do most the questions so most had to end up starting midway through second year.

Also, the time table I proposed offers pretty reasonable breaks. Medical school is a grind. ANKI is not going to magically fix that. I'm sorry if I'm being annoying and going against the ANKI-fans with this, but there are so many people here on this site or who I mentor who think they're stupid for not having ANKI work for them who read Reddit/SDN forums and are convinced it's the best way to score 272+ on their USMLE. It's really freeing to just be like, screw ANKI, I'm just going to watch lectures and then test myself.

If Anki works for you, that's great and I'm sure there is something to it with the whole spaced-repetition idea but there are other ways to be just as successful that are not "extremely inefficient".

Anki has literally been validated as being correlated positively with usmle step 1 scores in studies. Spaced repetition is how every single person learns. The individual deck may not work for everyone, but anki literally works for every single person because it is just a spaced repetition program with a validated algorithm.

Anki has literally been validated as being correlated positively with usmle step 1 scores in studies. Spaced repetition is how every single person learns. The individual deck may not work for everyone, but anki literally works for every single person because it is just a spaced repetition program with a validated algorithm.
I think when people criticize Anki, they're criticizing the premade decks and not Anki itself

I think when people criticize Anki, they're criticizing the premade decks and not Anki itself

Yeah, but the issue is when people who are looking for resources read “anki doesn’t work for me” they don’t realize that the deck is being conflated with the app. Words mean things. We need to be specific.

I feel like it's more accurate to say that spaced repetition works for every single person rather than specifying it to Anki. The problem I've found with Anki is that the information feels fragmented instead of conceptual. Again, this could be a criticism for specific decks but most of the pre-made decks I've found have cards that focus on a few details and rarely cover the whole concepts (probably because it's hard to cover whole concepts in flashcards). Additionally, I don't think I can learn material for the first time via anki. Sure, I might be able to do brute memorization but unless the concepts are presented to me in a larger narrative document or lecture-style format, it's really difficult for me to learn via anki. BUT Anki is great for reinforcing and retaining the information I've already learned. Of course there are exceptions to the things I stated above

The best method for me has been hitting lectures as a second pass. So I’ll use the board prep/outside material first, supplementing with Anking. Then I’ll watch the lectures on 2x speed and underline anything that seems testable that wasn’t covered by Anki. My professors go into a lot of low yield info, so going through board prep resources first helps me get the bigger picture ideas down first.

Wouldn't recommend, as this takes more time. Just learn as you watch the videos and take notes on the slides. Then reinforce using notecards like Anki or something.

I feel like it's more accurate to say that spaced repetition works for every single person rather than specifying it to Anki. The problem I've found with Anki is that the information feels fragmented instead of conceptual. Again, this could be a criticism for specific decks but most of the pre-made decks I've found have cards that focus on a few details and rarely cover the whole concepts (probably because it's hard to cover whole concepts in flashcards). Additionally, I don't think I can learn material for the first time via anki. Sure, I might be able to do brute memorization but unless the concepts are presented to me in a larger narrative document or lecture-style format, it's really difficult for me to learn via anki. BUT Anki is great for reinforcing and retaining the information I've already learned. Of course there are exceptions to the things I stated above
Anki itself is literally based on spaced repetition. There's no information stored in it unless you upload premade decks into it or make your own cards. That's the point. The criticism of Anki is meant to be criticism of premade decks but the two get conflated on SDN so frequently that the entire purpose of Anki gets falsely condemned

Anki itself is literally based on spaced repetition. There's no information stored in it unless you upload premade decks into it or make your own cards. That's the point. The criticism of Anki is meant to be criticism of premade decks but the two get conflated on SDN so frequently that the entire purpose of Anki gets falsely condemned
It is spaced repetition in flashcard format* - the flashcard format does not work optimally for everything. Don't get me wrong, Anki is great but the flashcard format has its limitations

• Love
It is spaced repetition in flashcard format* - the flashcard format does not work optimally for everything. Don't get me wrong, Anki is great but the flashcard format has its limitations
This. You can do spaced repetition without ANKI. Reviewing lectures with multiple passes is spaced repetition.
There are ways to customize the cards to personalize your learning methods
People who love the ANKI app (not a specific deck) keep taking about all these features like cloze deletions for example and other techniques I’ve seen on YouTube. I’ve tried a lot of it in M1. It just made my life a lot more complicated than it needed to be. It definitely wasn’t what I’d call efficient. It sounds good and seems like an aesthetic solution, but getting into the weeds of it was ugly.

This. You can do spaced repetition without ANKI. Reviewing lectures with multiple passes is spaced repetition.

People who love the ANKI app (not a specific deck) keep taking about all these features like cloze deletions for example and other techniques I’ve seen on YouTube. I’ve tried a lot of it in M1. It just made my life a lot more complicated than it needed to be. It definitely wasn’t what I’d call efficient. It sounds good and seems like an aesthetic solution, but getting into the weeds of it was ugly.
I do agree with that. There isn’t a lot of time in med school to learn Anki super in depth. I started using Anki about 5 years ago and I have some background in programming so it comes very easily to me. I use it more than any of my classmates, but I definitely get this point of view

I do agree with that. There isn’t a lot of time in med school to learn Anki super in depth. I started using Anki about 5 years ago and I have some background in programming so it comes very easily to me. I use it more than any of my classmates, but I definitely get this point of view
It was a steep learning curve initially. But now, anyone who watches the AnKing playlist on youtube can easily learn Anki. He even made an entire addon that sets up everything in Anki for you, settings and all.

I "watch" lectures at 2.0-2.5x speed, but half the time I'm not really listening. Honestly, it is more so that I can say that I did it. Otherwise, I do AnKing, skim the PowerPoints multiple times before exams, and do practice questions. I hover around the honor range, so its been good for me.

1) Watch lectures at 2.5x+
2) Anki
3) PQs
4) Take exam

At least that's what works for me. I take zero notes, as notes don't work for my brain and take away from time you can be finishing up the lectures and/or doing anki. If you're feeling it, especially if your curriculum tests things not on the boards a lot, you can add a read through of the slides.

I feel the exact same way you do, tbh. I started off med school watching lectures + doing AnKing + making my own Anki cards for the low yield material my school teaches. However, this was taking up a ton of my time, so in subsequent semesters I decided to stop watching lectures and only read through the powerpoints and unsuspend relevant cards from AnKing. My grades have gone down, but not significantly (averaging a low B instead of a high B now...), but my free time has gone up by a lot. I would be spending at least double the amount of time I do now if I actually watched the lectures.

I think the best strategy would be to use Anki premade decks + read through the powerpoints for school-specific material + do a ton of practice questions from question banks (sadly I do this last part a lot less than I should). Watching lectures is not time efficient IMO. Sometimes the professors give good tips or help tie together the material conceptually, but in my experience, the vast majority of the time they spend is on simple or irrelevant concepts.

I "watch" lectures at 2.0-2.5x speed, but half the time I'm not really listening. Honestly, it is more so that I can say that I did it. Otherwise, I do AnKing, skim the PowerPoints multiple times before exams, and do practice questions. I hover around the honor range, so its been good for me.

Where do you get these practice questions?

I just finished my first year and I started using Anking about 3 weeks ago. I had to really push myself to stick to it because as someone mentioned earlier, my brain also needs to visualize the bigger picture and learns better when there is flow to the material. I have to say I’m extremely happy with Anking at this point. It’s saved me an great amount of time and I feel so much less overwhelmed. It’s also helped a lot with memorizing pharm, bugs and patho that are heavy on details.
I’m not at the point of making my own cards, but I figured I could add stuff to the premade cards. So what I do is I watch the lectures and I look up the terms/concepts in Anking and unsuspend relevant cards as I go. When needed I add pictures and extras from lecture which is works much like taking notes for me. It’s worked quite well so far

Side rant that isn't about anki itself, but is a reason i tend to be very vocal about the fact that i don't like/use it (along with some other popular resources) - one thing that makes a lot of people feel really ****ty about themselves during med school is the constant pressure from peers that their individual study methods are wrong and that anki (or sketchy, or uworld, or whatever) is the ONLY way to do well.

Most anki critics (myself included) are very willing to recognize that there is a reason it's popular and it totally does work really well for many people! and people should definitely be willing to give it a try! but it freaking sucks to constantly have people saying "actually you're wrong, this is the only way to study" when we've found our own thing that works for us and just isn't the most popular way

I know that arguing about this (or whatever the next new popular study method is) will happen till the end of the internet though

Wouldn't recommend, as this takes more time. Just learn as you watch the videos and take notes on the slides. Then reinforce using notecards like Anki or something.

there is something uniquely odd that premed students would work so hard to get accepted into a “top tier” school, amass a school debt of $250k, blow off classes at their chosen school so as to stay at home and do an app and HY books. Strange times.

• Hmm
there is something uniquely odd that premed students would work so hard to get accepted into a “top tier” school, amass a school debt of $250k, blow off classes at their chosen school so as to stay at home and do an app and HY books. Strange times.
Hey, hate the game not the player. People know very well they're going to that highly ranked school purely to cash out prestige for the residency of their choice when that comes...not to actually learn what people at that school have to say.

Side rant that isn't about anki itself, but is a reason i tend to be very vocal about the fact that i don't like/use it (along with some other popular resources) - one thing that makes a lot of people feel really ****ty about themselves during med school is the constant pressure from peers that their individual study methods are wrong and that anki (or sketchy, or uworld, or whatever) is the ONLY way to do well.

Most anki critics (myself included) are very willing to recognize that there is a reason it's popular and it totally does work really well for many people! and people should definitely be willing to give it a try! but it freaking sucks to constantly have people saying "actually you're wrong, this is the only way to study" when we've found our own thing that works for us and just isn't the most popular way

I know that arguing about this (or whatever the next new popular study method is) will happen till the end of the internet though
I share this sentiment.

Eh ideally they would provide you with great classes but top tier is more so for when it comes to clinicals, access to technology/research, prestige, reputation and ultimately a better job in the future. As med student, I can't speak to if there's ever a "there" that we reach because I can see this logic of "top tier" applying to residency, then to job, then to a higher position, and so on.

I've decided to jump out of the rat race by enjoying life as much as I can. I'm still doing my best but not to the point of sacrificing anything that is important to me. It is sad because I would love to do some of the competitive fields like neurosurgery or ortho but it isn't worth the effort now and I don't think it will be worth the time sacrificed for other things (family, hobbies, etc.) in the future. But others love going into the world and doing the hardest or most cutting-edge stuff and tbh more power to them!

I mean, those high yield resources have made classes completely obsolete. These bloated curricula fail spectacularly at what I need them to do: teach me board relevant material in an efficient and efficacious manner. Why would I, a person that greatly values his time (and energy), spend one second of it on classes?

The actual value that the school provides is clinical rotations and a diploma. That's what we're really paying for.

Hey, hate the game not the player. People know very well they're going to that highly ranked school purely to cash out prestige for the residency of their choice when that comes...not to actually learn what people at that school have to say.

the most important metric in life is relationships. Young people, taking their cues from their elders, have been deprived of learning this important skillset. Like cells within our body, we can not live without interacting with each other. Our very healthy lives depend on signaling, communicating, interacting, face to face, toe to heel interactions, just like our cells. When these are missing, pathology ensues

go to class. Relish them as opportunities to grow, evolve and learn. Learn from your wise faculty, from their assistants, from the school staff, from the Dean down to the janitor, observe how they interface with each other, the skills they employ, the survival they exhibit, all in a chaotic, imperfect world. Learn too from your peers who have need of your signaling, your cues, and your stories.

Learn how to interact now because when you get much older, your survival will depend on the support of others.

America’s poverty is loneliness
- Mother Teresa of Calcutta

the most important metric in life is relationships. Young people, taking their cues from their elders, have been deprived of learning this important skillset. Like cells within our body, we can not live without interacting with each other. Our very healthy lives depend on signaling, communicating, interacting, face to face, toe to heel interactions, just like our cells. When these are missing, pathology ensues

go to class. Relish them as opportunities to grow, evolve and learn. Learn from your wise faculty, from their assistants, from the school staff, from the Dean down to the janitor, observe how they interface with each other, the skills they employ, the survival they exhibit, all in a chaotic, imperfect world. Learn too from your peers who have need of your signaling, your cues, and your stories.

Learn how to interact now because when you get much older, your survival will depend on the support of others.

I can interact with people already thanks. The only reason I pay tuition is because it’s required to become a physician. If I could just take board exams and not need to be affiliated with a school I would do it in a heartbeat. I understand where you are coming from, but most of my med school professors don’t have any idea how the things they teach apply to clinical medicine (many are PhDs)

Wholesome post. At the time, we don’t need to go to class (albeit I recommend it for other reasons) to learn. People can form relationships outside the class and often those are better. The medical education system and true mentorship is dead. That’s why class sizes are increasing. Medical schools spit on their proprietary element by not letting students in the hospital for two years and are concerned with how many people they can squeeze tuition out from. How much $ do you think is spent directly on the actual curriculum? I bet it’s <1% of a school’s revenue. The same applies to residencies where the incentives don’t line up for attending a to teach students and residents. They’re supposed to and called teaching attendings, but unless they’re paid specifically to teach and there is incentive to do that, it won’t happen.

There are some things we can do and are probably doing like earlier clinical introduction to students so they can be helpful and taught critical skills earlier. Residencies shouldn’t be teaching students note-writing and differentials, it should be taught and deliberately practiced with high volume in medical school. Residency should be about learning the specialty.

Last edited:
If that's how you think about the investment, then you're doing it wrong. The ROI isn't from the pre-clinical years. You're pretty much cash flow negative at that point. The real ROI comes from what the reputation and the connections buy you. Those are intangible assets that you use to generate returns later on when you go to apply for residency. There's a reason why the top tier schools tend to trade med students for residency.

This reads like something from a premed or an ms1 on twitter

Reactions: 5 users
This reads like something from a premed or an ms1 on twitter
Hey I’m an MS1 and I’m already jaded. Actually I’m an OMS1 so maybe that’s why I’m jaded a little more quickly haha

I’m having trouble relying on Anking for my school.

Anking doesn’t even have cards for at least 50% of what I’m expected to know for in-house exams.

For the past year I’ve been doing school lectures and unsuspending cards on Anking. I also make cards from school lectures because there’s just so much info not on Anking that I’m expected to know.

I know a lot of people say skim lectures before exams but I honestly don’t know how this is feasible. I would go going through 1000+ (or even more depending on block) slides and half the info would not be on Anking. I also can’t just read it once and memorize it, I need to make Anki cards for repetition. I would love to transition to BnB and Anking but not sure how I can do it. School lectures and making cards also take a lot of time but idk how else I can pass my school exams.
Any tips?

Last edited: