Least Favorite Year of Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Least favorite year of Medical School

• 1st year

Votes: 144 48.0%
  • 2nd year

Votes: 84 28.0%
  • 3rd year

Votes: 63 21.0%
  • 4th year

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
I haven't had any issues making friends at all even though just about everyone at UAMS is from the same few schools. You should be just fine. Let the douchebags do their thing, and forget they exist.

Members don't see this ad.

But then what do OOS people do?

For example, my undergrad GPA is not very good, so I will almost certainly end up at an OOS school where I won't know anyone.

Being happy with your social life has a pretty big effect on everything else in life (for example, the number of friends you have has even been found to be statistically related to life expectancy!).

Growing a thick skin is one thing, but everybody wants people to hang out with and talk to. :xf:

yeah i didn't mean to suggest that we all know each other already, and that if you come from "away," that you're already screwed. everyone's social network gets rearranged to a certain extent (and I say that as someone who attended a post-bac at my med school's parent university.)

I was referring more to the drama. everyone knows everyone else, so it's not like you can hide. it should be a big enough group though, that you'll find people you can trust. and then there are the douchebags, but they are a minority, they mostly hang with each other, and the rest of us do our best to pretend that they aren't there.