2DEG

15+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2002
Durham, NC
Status
Attending Physician
Hi all:

I have been pretty depressed - I know I could do much better if I had time. And I kind of regret not taking TPR class. If I have to take August, I think I will take the class.

I took a full length exam, did horrible. I really want to use whatever time I have now for april exam. I was wondering which of the following two options would be most effective:

1. Do every third problem in EK 1001 series books and take 3 or 4 more full length exams.

OR

2. Do as many passages as possible from TPR sciencework book. Take 3 or 4 more full length exams.

I can't decide which way would give me the maximum return - perhaps there is no such thing. But I am still hopeful that I can pull through even this late in this game. I am gonna take a full week off from work. I hope I can utilize that week well.

Thanks all. I appreciate any advice.
shahab

SilvrGrey330

SilvrGrey330
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
Status
dont bum out right now dude...too close to the end. Its expected to do crappy on practice tests now...im still too affraid to take one even though ive been studying for 2 months now, about a week ago ive started doing hardcore problems...about 15-20 passages aday or around 120 problems. im not taking any review courses but using a mix of kaplan/prv/ek material.

ill start taking practice test in a week and a half, and take 1 ever other day until 2 days before test day..i have about 9 full lengths.

but..getting back to being depressed...i had a major pit fall a week and half ago, i felt like u are too...i had a long talk with the folks and they gave me some + motivation. perhaps talk to someone supportive or someone thats always there for you in life. or even us (like u are right now)....what u are feeling is "NORMAl" is what my mom said...she said everyone in life has got to go through these times in life...its turning points in our lives and all god is doing is testing us. And believe it or not, you're going to prove it to yourself that u can succeed and knock this test out the water.

we're almost there. stick the fight out, stay + and dont let yourself down. This is my second time taking the test, and what keeps my motivated is the though of taking it a 3rd time. I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THIS TEST ever again. im sure u dont either. but have something after the test that drives u right now...like a plan to go on a vacation or watch movies all day for 3 days straight, or go the beach or go to your favorite club and get wasted...whatever it be, be it something.

ANd keep your head up high, because you have to tell yourself that you're good. I mean, its already an achievement to be one of the few that make it this far in life...consider all those that started freshmen year that wanted to be doctors at your school. Look at what weeded them out...bio class or chem or organic...you've gone this far, and yet you're still standing strong. You've studied this much, and you're still determined. Look at how FAR you've come...in the BIG PICTURE. We've all been tested before, and we're being tested right now, and dude...all i can say is hang in there and have faith. WHat is meant to be will come true and just believe in yourself. I know i am. And i hope you, me, and everyone on this forum will look back on these days, maybe 5,10,15 years from now, after we're all docs and laugh....and think of these days not of as hell (as they may feel right now) but as days that we sacrificed...for our prosperous futures...because of our kids futures and etc etc.

Think big picture, and that should get u going...this post got wayyyy longer than i wanted it to be. but i needed to pass on some of that...which my rentz gave to me.

Anyhoo...good luck man, and good luck to everyone else reading this. We're a small family...and we have to look out for each other...and we're going to stick this through. MCAT...HERE WE COME!

oh, and do the entire TPR book + aamc tests . = max return IMO

- sorry for all of the elipses, if it annoyed anyone. this was just one big ramble that came out.

AliZ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Southern Cali
Visit site
Status
That was awesome! Much needed advice man! I've taken 4 practice exams so far and I'm no where NEAR where I want to be for the real deal. I'm keepin' the faith though and pulling out all the stops, ie- studying my A$$ off!!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

:D

optimistique

nano-size my order please
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2003
gathering no moss
Visit site
Status
SilvrGrey330 said:
..all i can say is hang in there and have faith. WHat is meant to be will come true and just believe in yourself. I know i am. And i hope you, me, and everyone on this forum will look back on these days, maybe 5,10,15 years from now, after we're all docs and laugh....and think of these days not of as hell (as they may feel right now) but as days that we sacrificed...for our prosperous futures...because of our kids futures and etc etc.

AMEN!! :love: