Leaving medicine for business?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would you consider leaving medicine if you hit it big in a non related business?

• Maybe yes

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Definitely no

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since more people are hanging around here lately I decided to put up a poll. Later I changed my mind but the thread was already made so now I'm forced to go through with it.

Examples of non related businesses would be things like selling orange road barrels or maid services, which can be lucrative but not as profound as the healthcare industry. I mean hitting it pretty big, like millions and beyond if you devote yourself to it. I guess leaving medicine would mean certainly giving up practicing, and mostly just not making use of the MD degree and knowledge. I don't know what to vote.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess you really liked my orange road barrel idea.
Leaving Medicine all together would be tough. I would just partner out my practice and have minimal involvement while keeping my share of the profit. Hell if I build the damn thing from the ground up...I'm keeping a piece of the action.
I voted maybe yes with a strong MAYBE.

Sure I would... as long as I really like what I am doing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shredder said:
Since more people are hanging around here lately I decided to put up a poll. Later I changed my mind but the thread was already made so now I'm forced to go through with it.

Actually, as a donor, you can delete your own threads if no one's replied to them :thumbup:

As for the question, I think that anything is possible late into one's profession. For me, the draw of politics will be hard to resist later in life, I just don't know at what point. I never want to be a career politician, but I definitely want to hold public office at some point.