1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

lebaron and other Canadians!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by bossman1818, Mar 17, 2002.

1. bossman1818

bossman1818 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Just a question, I noticed that you applied to U of A with a 3.8 gpa and was REJECTED!!! I just wanted to know the reasoning, was it your DAT scores (which also looked impressive). Just wondering, considering I am planning to apply to the U of A, and I only have a 3.7. Will this gpa be competitive enough to get into a Canadian dental school, or should I start looking to the States?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Big_Poppa DDS

Big_Poppa DDS Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I had a 3.7 and 19 on the DAT and got in to marquette. As a Canadian you need to apply to private schools. State schools usually won't even look at you until after they look at there own. I was rejected from Minnesota without even an interview the year before with the same stats.

4. lebaron

lebaron Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey bossman,

The U of A rejected me because of my carving score :( They apparently want 15's in all categories including carving, which unfortunatey for me I couldn't get. If your DAT scores are over 15, then give U of A a shot. A 3.7 is still competitive for U of A but I'm not sure about U of T. A 3.7 should also be good for UBC as well. About the american schools, I hear that it's expensive to apply, though I could be wrong (I only applied to Canadian schools).