SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

lebaron and other Canadians!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by bossman1818, Mar 17, 2002.

1. bossman1818

bossman1818 Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Just a question, I noticed that you applied to U of A with a 3.8 gpa and was REJECTED!!! I just wanted to know the reasoning, was it your DAT scores (which also looked impressive). Just wondering, considering I am planning to apply to the U of A, and I only have a 3.7. Will this gpa be competitive enough to get into a Canadian dental school, or should I start looking to the States?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Big_Poppa DDS

Big_Poppa DDS Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 29, 2001
    Sault Ste. Marie
    I had a 3.7 and 19 on the DAT and got in to marquette. As a Canadian you need to apply to private schools. State schools usually won't even look at you until after they look at there own. I was rejected from Minnesota without even an interview the year before with the same stats.
  4. lebaron

lebaron Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 11, 2001
    Calgary, CANADA
    Hey bossman,

The U of A rejected me because of my carving score :( They apparently want 15's in all categories including carving, which unfortunatey for me I couldn't get. If your DAT scores are over 15, then give U of A a shot. A 3.7 is still competitive for U of A but I'm not sure about U of T. A 3.7 should also be good for UBC as well. About the american schools, I hear that it's expensive to apply, though I could be wrong (I only applied to Canadian schools).