LECOM-B vs. LECOM-Elmira

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hot DOg

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I’m in an interesting situation and am having a hard time figuring out which path would be best for my future. Here are the pros and cons of both schools:

LECOM-Bradenton
Pros:
-Established.
-Living in FL seems pretty sweet!
-cheaper tuition

Cons:
-Uncertain clinical rotation sites. I’ve heard that LECOM-B has limited sites in FL. To my understanding, those who don’t land a FL site have to head north and get whatever rotation sites are leftover after Erie, Seton Hill, and Elmira students have already picked.
-Bradenton FL is more expensive COL.

LECOM-Elmira
Pros:
-Access to LECOM’s clinical rotations in the northeast.
-cost of living is cheaper in Elmira. (I think)
-Access to the facilities at Elmira College.
-already paid $1500 deposit

Cons:
-New School. (would I be viewed as a grad from a new school by residency PD’s or would I be seen as a LECOM grad on par with the other three campuses?)
- Because it’s a new school, the quality of education for the first two years is somewhat of a mystery box. If any LECOM-Elmira students are reading this, I would love to hear about your experience as an M1!
-Tuition is $2k more expensive per year

Summary: Does the greater availability of rotation sites make it worth going to a new school or does the fact that LECOM-B is established make it the clear choice? Or, is this mostly a choice of regional preference?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.