LECOM Bradenton Masters of Medical Sciences, 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nikj

NigelWhiskers
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've already applied, anyone else? I have a lot of information on it if you have any questions.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm considering applying there as well. Do you have any information on what makes a competitive application? Also, is this the 2 years Masters option or the accelerated one year?

I'm considering applying there as well. Do you have any information on what makes a competitive application? Also, is this the 2 years Masters option or the accelerated one year?
Just like with most of these masters programs, they look for students who's stats already meet their medical school entrance requirements. I would also say it's really important to want to go to LECOM. I would investigate the Bradenton campus teaching style, which is PBL (For the medical school that is). That's one reason I chose this program, because I really like that learning style. I made it clear that PBL was what I liked. I intend to go to LECOM, so I did everything I could to get them to notice my application.

If you tell me more about your stats, or pm I could help you out more. The Program is a one year program. It Begins June 2017, and will end in the spring of 2018. Pretty great considering you get a masters degree and guaranteed interview if you do well enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just like with most of these masters programs, they look for students who's stats already meet their medical school entrance requirements. I would also say it's really important to want to go to LECOM. I would investigate the Bradenton campus teaching style, which is PBL (For the medical school that is). That's one reason I chose this program, because I really like that learning style. I made it clear that PBL was what I liked. I intend to go to LECOM, so I did everything I could to get them to notice my application.

If you tell me more about your stats, or pm I could help you out more. The Program is a one year program. It Begins June 2017, and will end in the spring of 2018. Pretty great considering you get a masters degree and guaranteed interview if you do well enough.

Very interested in the program. If successful will the guaranteed interview be for the class starting in 2018?

Very interested in the program. If successful will the guaranteed interview be for the class starting in 2018?

Based on what the last class has said, the interview will be for the class beginning in 2018. How exactly this works is unclear, but just reading, if by early spring you have a decent GPA they will invite you for spring interviews. I don't think filling out AACOMAS will have to happen since they already have all of your information. Since the program is brand new, they probably are still testing the waters.

Based on what the last class has said, the interview will be for the class beginning in 2018. How exactly this works is unclear, but just reading, if by early spring you have a decent GPA they will invite you for spring interviews. I don't think filling out AACOMAS will have to happen since they already have all of your information. Since the program is brand new, they probably are still testing the waters.

Thank you!

I have applied to the Masters as well! Do you know when we are expected to hear back? The portal just says under review

I have applied to the Masters as well! Do you know when we are expected to hear back? The portal just says under review
It is a rolling process, so it should be within a few days. I would call in a day or two to see what the status is.

You need some type of testing score, it can be the GRE, DAT, MCAT, PCAT or AIS score (college gpa + high school SAT or ACT)

You need some type of testing score, it can be the GRE, DAT, MCAT, PCAT or AIS score (college gpa + high school SAT or ACT)

i took the first mcat of 2015 and did very poorly..do i have to report this score if i just want to report my AIS?

i took the first mcat of 2015 and did very poorly..do i have to report this score if i just want to report my AIS?
No you only have to report your SAT scores, but I would send them ASAP because it takes a couple weeks on the College Boards side to send them out. Then LECOM has to process them.

No you only have to report your SAT scores, but I would send them ASAP because it takes a couple weeks on the College Boards side to send them out. Then LECOM has to process them.

have people already started hearing back from this program? what are the deadlines?

Members don't see this ad :)
have people already started hearing back from this program? what are the deadlines?
Yes people have begun to hear back already. I don't have a deadline date, but I'm sure you would be fine to still apply.

anyone know the matriculation rate into the med school?
The masters program is brand new, but if you look at the post bach program and use it as a starting point, one stands a good chance of getting into a school.

Hello guys, I've applied and was accepted a while back.

To give some info, I spoke and emailed Dr. Ron Berezniak with some questions that may help you guys.

1. There are approximately 15 hours of class per week. Class times vary with the course and session.

2. This year, if you maintain a 3.0 at the end of the second session you will be granted an interview. If your interview is good then you will get a conditional acceptance and have to remain at least at a 3.0 until the end of the third session to get a real acceptance. For those who are wondering its for the 2017-2018 cycle.

3. No credits will transfer from the program to the medical school.

4. The chances of getting accepted depend on maintaining a 3.0 and your interview.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or make a post here and I'll try to be as prompt as possible.

Reactions: 1 user

To give some info, I spoke and emailed Dr. Ron Berezniak with some questions that may help you guys.

1. There are approximately 15 hours of class per week. Class times vary with the course and session.

2. This year, if you maintain a 3.0 at the end of the second session you will be granted an interview. If your interview is good then you will get a conditional acceptance and have to remain at least at a 3.0 until the end of the third session to get a real acceptance. For those who are wondering its for the 2017-2018 cycle.

4. The chances of getting accepted depend on maintaining a 3.0 and your interview.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or make a post here and I'll try to be as prompt as possible.
Do you mind sharing your stats?

I've already applied, anyone else? I have a lot of information on it if you have any questions.
I'm looking to go for their Dental school. I applied this cycle and if that doesn't work out I'm definitely applying to this program. Do you know of any advantages of this program with LECOM vs NOVA MA in Biomed that links to their dental & med school by chance? Just wanted to see what kind of choices I've got here

All sounds great until that test score..seems like you have a great score + GPA and that you will probably do well...
If I'm trying to get into their Dental school with 3.5 gpa but very average Dat score...I'm wondering what my chances would look like.
If I get into the program and maintain a 3.0...would I still need to retake the DAT? What's your thoughts?

Can I call to ask what the decision is as it says admission has made a decision?

All sounds great until that test score..seems like you have a great score + GPA and that you will probably do well...
If I'm trying to get into their Dental school with 3.5 gpa but very average Dat score...I'm wondering what my chances would look like.
If I get into the program and maintain a 3.0...would I still need to retake the DAT? What's your thoughts?

From what Dr. Berezniak has told me, you won't need to retake any admissions test e.g. DAT/PCAT/MCAT while you are in the program. And yeah, I took the mcat twice and got a 495 and a 498 after months of studying. If you have a 3.5 and an average DAT score i think your chances would be great to get into their program. But since i'm not on the administration you should probably e-mail , Dr. Ron Berezniak at [email protected]. He replies pretty quickly.

Can I call to ask what the decision is as it says admission has made a decision?
They said they wouldn't release any info when I was waiting for the mail after the decision has been made. it took them like 3 weeks to send me a letter.

They said they wouldn't release any info when I was waiting for the mail after the decision has been made. it took them like 3 weeks to send me a letter.
Well I got a response and was notified that I was rejected haha

I'm looking to go for their Dental school. I applied this cycle and if that doesn't work out I'm definitely applying to this program. Do you know of any advantages of this program with LECOM vs NOVA MA in Biomed that links to their dental & med school by chance? Just wanted to see what kind of choices I've got here
From what I have gathered, it seems very competitive, such as only 25 seats available, they may require you to retake the dat, and a bit more. here's an exert taken from another thread
There are 25 available seats each year. We recommend students have at least a 3.4 GPA and DAT score of 20 or MCAT score of 25 to be considered competitive. Keep in mind that you're competing against HUNDREDS of applicants, most of whom have fulfilled ALL admission requirements. Your goal is to be as competitive as possible

My admissions status used to list all of my coursework and checks next to them and now it is completely blank. Did anyone elses do this?

The masters program is brand new, but if you look at the post bach program and use it as a starting point, one stands a good chance of getting into a school.
Hi Nikj! thanks for that comment. Do you know what the post bach program stat of students by chance? I'm trying for dental school and got accepted for this master but still debating if it's the right choice. Thanks

Hi there FlDude25. Thanks for the clarification, however, I thought that there was also a minimum score for MCAT & DAT that you have to have for an interview assuming you retain the 3.0. If you don't meet it then 3.2 is needed. Did you hear anything about that?

From what Dr. Berezniak has told me, you won't need to retake any admissions test e.g. DAT/PCAT/MCAT while you are in the program. And yeah, I took the mcat twice and got a 495 and a 498 after months of studying. If you have a 3.5 and an average DAT score i think your chances would be great to get into their program. But since i'm not on the administration you should probably e-mail , Dr. Ron Berezniak at [email protected]. He replies pretty quickly.
THanks. I got accepted for the master but will email him and let you know if there's any important info that could be helpful in making the decision for this master.

Hi there FlDude25. Thanks for the clarification, however, I thought that there was also a minimum score for MCAT & DAT that you have to have for an interview assuming you retain the 3.0. If you don't meet it then 3.2 is needed. Did you hear anything about that?
If i remember correctly, you must retain a 3.2 throughout the program, and there are some admission requirements, but don't quote me on this because I can't find the source and I'm just getting it off the top of my head, i think you needed a 20 DAT or a 25 Mcat (minimums) and a 3.2 gpa to successfully matriculate. I will also be applying to this program since NSU is relatively close to my house. But, from what I have taken into account is its 40k tuition, and I would like to see what kind of discounts I will get before I fully commit to NSU. If they can't beat the price LECOM is giving me , than I'd doubt I'll matriculate. If any spelling errors , i'm sorry, i'm writing this from my phone.

Last edited:
How did you guys find out if you were accepted? Did you receive an email or a letter?
They send a letter, and also update the online status. If you call them they may be willing to tell you over the phone. Best wishes getting accepted!

Hey everyone, my portal was updated a few days saying that, "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days". However, my application is definitely not complete as I don't think the pre-health committee at my school has sent my LOR yet, since they themselves told me they'd do it after winter break. Is it possible that I was rejected before they even saw my pre-health committee LOR?

Thanks!

Hey everyone, my portal was updated a few days saying that, "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days". However, my application is definitely not complete as I don't think the pre-health committee at my school has sent my LOR yet, since they themselves told me they'd do it after winter break. Is it possible that I was rejected before they even saw my pre-health committee LOR?

Thanks!
What are your stats? There is a chance if you weren't competitive. Call them tomorrow or Monday.

What are your stats? There is a chance if you weren't competitive. Call them tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks for your reply.

3.4 cGPA 3.1 sGPA (non-science major) 496 MCAT - Retake coming in April

Pretty low I suppose, but that's the point of the MS

:p

Thanks for your reply.

3.4 cGPA 3.1 sGPA (non-science major) 496 MCAT - Retake coming in April

Pretty low I suppose, but that's the point of the MS

:p

Hey did you find out what happened with this? I feel like you have pretty good stats for the program. Mines now says the same thing but when I e-mailed Nicole she said that one my transcripts was still missing and that she will look out for it. However, my application was originally put on hold because they didn't have my official MCAT score. I am trying to be patient.

Hey did you find out what happened with this? I feel like you have pretty good stats for the program. Mines now says the same thing but when I e-mailed Nicole she said that one my transcripts was still missing and that she will look out for it. However, my application was originally put on hold because they didn't have my official MCAT score. I am trying to be patient.

Hey! Thanks for the encouraging words. I emailed someone and they got back to me telling me that they still hadn't received my updated LoR from the pre-health committee at the University I attended. I got in contact with the school, and they said they were sending it that same day. Eventually LECOM got back to me telling me they had received it. So everything is right in the universe again.

Good luck!

I've heard that they changed the 3.0 to a 3.3? Can somone confirm this?

I've heard that they changed the 3.0 to a 3.3? Can somone confirm this?
Edit: Yes actually this is kinda true, I think it's more of a 3.2, but to be competitive I'd say as close to a 4.0 as possible.

Hopefully it's 75 students.. Someone above said 25 students, did I read it wrong?
He was talking about Nova's MS program which apparently takes 25 students. I misunderstood at first too, but other people here said the first class at LECOM for their MMS is 75 students.

I can chime in a bit, i e-mailed Nicole about it and she said this in summary - Everyone who receives a 3.0 in the program gets an interview. But those accepted and that will matriculate tend to have over a 3.3 gpa and will have to maintain that 3.3 gpa for the final semester.

He was talking about Nova's MS program which apparently takes 25 students. I misunderstood at first too, but other people here said the first class at LECOM for their MMS is 75 students.

That's a relief thanks.