LECOM Distance Education Pathway Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tnt2001isnt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for those who are are applying or interested in applying to the LECOM Distance Education Pathway for the Doctor of Pharmacy Class of 2019. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have whenever I have time to check this forum. Or feel free to discuss topics amongst yourself.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This thread is for those who are are applying or interested in applying to the LECOM Distance Education Pathway for the Doctor of Pharmacy Class of 2019. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you guys have whenever I have time to check this forum. Or feel free to discuss topics amongst yourself.
I had my interview last week for the Distance Education Pathway and was told that we will hear this week. I am extremely nervous!

I had my interview last week for the Distance Education Pathway and was told that we will hear this week. I am extremely nervous!
How did you think it went? And may I ask why you are applying for the Distance Education Pathway versus and traditional program? Good luck! They are only accepting 24 students for your class, so it might be somewhat competitive. The current DE class is currently finishing up finals right now. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for offering your help. I'm interested in the LECOM DE pharmD. I would like to know how the program is structured and how this program helps students prepare for exams. How about the workload, assignments and projects? I would like to hear from current DE students what they think about the program. Thanks.

Thanks for offering your help. I'm interested in the LECOM DE pharmD. I would like to know how the program is structured and how this program helps students prepare for exams. How about the workload, assignments and projects? I would like to hear from current DE students what they think about the program. Thanks.
First of all, you will be taking the same courses as the traditional campus program and will be taking the same exams for the most part. Faculty from both the Erie campus and Bradenton campus teach the DE courses. The lectures for the DE class are recorded so that you can watch them online. However, there are also mandatory online sessions for these courses every week throughout the semester that serve as interactive review and discussion sessions as well as presentations of projects. Exams are taken online, and you will be strictly proctored during these exams. You will be required to be on campus for 1 week for orientation, and for 2 to 3 weeks during the summer after the first three years to complete labs and other course components that require a physical appearance on campus.

Like with any distance program and more so with a doctorate program, success is really dependent on how much time and effort you put into learning and mastering the material that is presented. This program is not for everyone and I certainly wouldn't recommend it for anyone unless there is some obstacle that is stopping them from attending a campus program. The majority of our class have families, and the average age for our class is 35 I believe. The workload, assignments, and projects are what you would expect from any PharmD program, so trust me when I tell you that it will seem pretty intense. But if you are self-disciplined and are not afraid to reach out to your professors and your fellow classmates, then you should be fine. Depending on how much time you really need to apply to studying, you can work part-time and still do this program. But doing well in your classes should be a priority, and that could mean not working at all. Good luck with your application for pharmacy school this cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks so much. Are the proctored exams pencil and paper format or on the computer (I prefer paper and pencil)? Is there a way for me to get in touch with some of the students just to see how they are doing and what classes they find the most challenging?

I was just accepted into LECOM Distance Education pathway program for 2019. Anybody else?

How did the interview go? I have mine next week. What kind of questions did they ask? I am nervous. And what are your stats? Mine are 3.71 gpa, 61% pcat, no pharmacy experimece

How did the interview go? I have mine next week. What kind of questions did they ask? I am nervous. And what are your stats? Mine are 3.71 gpa, 61% pcat, no pharmacy experimece
Misha, when did you turn in your application? How long after you turn in your pharmcas that they sent you the supplemental questions? Thanks much and good luck!

Misha, when did you turn in your application? How long after you turn in your pharmcas that they sent you the supplemental questions? Thanks much and good luck!
For 3 year program in Erie and for Bradenton traditional 4 year program they replied literally on the next couple days after I submitted my application. But for the Distance Pathway I had to wait for a month before they sent me supplemental.

Just got accepted to Dustance Education Pathway as well. Don't know what to pick DE or 3-year pathway... Erie seems pretty depressing, but it's only 3 years...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted to Dustance Education Pathway as well. Don't know what to pick DE or 3-year pathway... Erie seems pretty depressing, but it's only 3 years...
Congratulations! Did you already get a letter?

Anyone knows the next interview round for the distance pathway? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering if this ever happened to anyone before......

I am out of the country at the moment. I applied using my parents mailing address and now I didn't get a supplemental application because they think I live in ohio. I actually live in Florida. Can this be fixed or did I just mess it up for myself.

Last edited:
Anyone knows the next interview round for the distance pathway? Thanks!
I know that the spots haven't been filled yet so there is still time. Don't know when they will interview exactly.

I was wondering if this ever happened to anyone before......

I am out of the country at the moment. I applied using my parents mailing address and now I didn't get a supplemental application because they think I live in ohio. I actually live in Florida. Can this be fixed or did I just mess it up for myself.[/QUOTE

Did you try to call them? It's much better to hear solution from them. Good luck!

I know that the spots haven't been filled yet so there is still time. Don't know when they will interview exactly.

Hey, thanks for the info. But, how did you know that?

Hello Everyone! I received my acceptance letter to the Distance learning on December 10 but just recently decided to jump into the conversations. I guess I will be seeing some of you for orientation !! I'm excited and looking forward to meeting everyone for orientation.

@tnt2001isnt, would you mind describing what a typical day or week in the program is like for you? Do you pretty much wake-up and go straight to your online classes? Also, is "attendance" (I.e., whether or not you watched the online lectures on time) monitored, or is it essentially self-study?

First of all, you will be taking the same courses as the traditional campus program and will be taking the same exams for the most part. Faculty from both the Erie campus and Bradenton campus teach the DE courses. The lectures for the DE class are recorded so that you can watch them online. However, there are also mandatory online sessions for these courses every week throughout the semester that serve as interactive review and discussion sessions as well as presentations of projects. Exams are taken online, and you will be strictly proctored during these exams. You will be required to be on campus for 1 week for orientation, and for 2 to 3 weeks during the summer after the first three years to complete labs and other course components that require a physical appearance on campus.

Like with any distance program and more so with a doctorate program, success is really dependent on how much time and effort you put into learning and mastering the material that is presented. This program is not for everyone and I certainly wouldn't recommend it for anyone unless there is some obstacle that is stopping them from attending a campus program. The majority of our class have families, and the average age for our class is 35 I believe. The workload, assignments, and projects are what you would expect from any PharmD program, so trust me when I tell you that it will seem pretty intense. But if you are self-disciplined and are not afraid to reach out to your professors and your fellow classmates, then you should be fine. Depending on how much time you really need to apply to studying, you can work part-time and still do this program. But doing well in your classes should be a priority, and that could mean not working at all. Good luck with your application for pharmacy school this cycle.

Are the mandatory online sessions the same day of the week or do they vary? I will be needing to work part-time and this would help with scheduling. Will be applying for fall 2018.