LECOM-E MMS Class of 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, quick question do they accept lors through interfolio and transcripts via parchment? If so, which email should I send it to? Thanks and much appreciated!
I think I just had my letter writers email it to [email protected] I am not sure if they do Interfolio but you can email them at that same email and they should be able to help:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I did mine through AACOMAS which was initially sent through interfolio but I’m pretty sure interfolio is acceptable..

Members don't see this ad :)
***Important Update: Ms. Jaida Rodgers will be the new coordinator for the MMS program; she told me she will send out any further updates about the program (i.e. immunizations/titers, orientation date, etc.) once they sort everything out. In the meantime, you can reach out to her at,

Office number: 814-860-5128
Email: [email protected]

Reactions: 2 users
**Update: no immunization required for MMS according to Ms. Rodgers, only what’s in your matriculation packet.

Reactions: 1 users
MMS (2021) to DO (2025). Happy to help.

Best of luck to you all. 💪
Hi I was just wondering out of your whole class of how many students got into the LECOM DO program ? Is there strong linkage? Thanks!

Hi I was just wondering out of your whole class of how many students got into the LECOM DO program ? Is there strong linkage? Thanks!

Edit: simply deleting my response that apparently caused a rumble cause I don’t need that

Wishing you ALL the very BEST

Last edited:
I am not sure what has happened to you, but your narrative about the program has turned negative lately. You spoke great about the program last year, but you are NOT giving true information in here. As per Mr. Murphy, 60-65 students from your class got into LECOM DO program and not 30-40 you claim in here. Not sure if we should trust you or Mr. Murphy. Also 130 students came back in the spring semester and NOT 90 students. All these are the information you mentioned in previous messages and posts, but in upcoming class forum, you are changing numbers in a negative direction. I would suggest NOT to give false information to scare upcoming students and be truthful. If you are true this time, but were wrong last year, please excuse me. Thanks.

I went back to one of my previous messages to find these numbers that I’ve mentioned previously in forums. Maybe it is my human error and maybe there’s a discrepancy somewhere. I’ve never said they were for sure, exact numbers, but my approximations (“about” or “around”). This is what my cohort came up with after comparing who we all knew that ended up in what places after graduation. If I said differently last year, I likely overstated.

You are also welcome to give your own advice and input without negating someone else’s.

If you have a personal problem you’d care to address with me, I invite you to do so cordially and privately.

For what it’s worth, someone in the current MMS class told me that 43 of their cohort have been accepted to the 2026 DO class.

I went back to one of my previous messages to find these numbers that I’ve mentioned previously in forums. Maybe it is my human error and maybe there’s a discrepancy somewhere. I’ve never said they were for sure, exact numbers, but my approximations (“about” or “around”). This is what my cohort came up with after comparing who we all knew that ended up in what places after graduation. If I said differently last year, I likely overstated.

You are also welcome to give your own advice and input without negating someone else’s.

If you have a personal problem you’d care to address with me, I invite you to do so cordially and privately.

The best number I can come up with is 37. That’s the number of students from my MMS cohort who matriculated into DO and self-identified as such in our class chat. Maybe it’s a few higher

For what it’s worth, someone in the current MMS class told me that 43 of their cohort have been accepted to the 2026 DO class.
43/130 students made it? Do you know of any students who met benchmarks in program and still were not accepted?

43/130 students made it? Do you know of any students who met benchmarks in program and still were not accepted?

From what I was told, many are currently on alternate and waitlists.

I think maybe 5-6 students from my class were on the alternate list up through the first couple of weeks of the start of the DO program and then admitted so that’s where I would expect the best movement to come from.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who applied/was accepted recently, how long did it take between your app being under review and getting accepted?

Well that is a bit unfortunate to hear. I think for most of us, though, it's either "bust your butt for a year to have a likely shot at being a doctor" vs. "no shot at being a doctor in the current system" so the opportunity is worth the risk, so to speak. At least for me it is.
I definitely get that, which is why I did the MMS any way since it gives you more of a "concrete" shot than generally applying over and over again.

Do you know how many students roughly are in that scenario? Where they make benchmark and interview and still get rejected?
I don't really. 😬 But it sounds like what some current students have said is that they have more students this year who may have met the benchmark GPA and are currently on alternate and wait lists (relative to my class and previous others). At least in the last 2 years (prior to the one that just graduated this month), a lot of students were put on these lists but within about a week of graduating from the MMS, almost all who had met the GPA were then offered seats. So I don't know if things are moving slower this year or maybe it's become more competitive... which is why (not intending to be negative), I emphasize that the school is legally within their rights to not admit students who even meet the benchmark GPA since they only ever guarantee an interview and not admission.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when submitting the application to the program are we required to send Official transcripts to the MMS email or are we able to send unofficial transcripts and then once we know we are accepted then send official ones?

I have a quick question: I recently completed my MMS grade entry and it shows my cumulative at 2.80, science at 3.22; when I use an online calculator (medschoolhq.com) my cumulative is 2.95. Is there a chance their calculator is a bit off?

Also, with no MCAT yet (planning on taking it in the fall), what do you guys think are my chances of getting accepted?
Is the grade entry in the online application section? I don’t think I saw that part? Thanks

Wait so is Jamie Murphy no longer part of LECOM?

hello all. does anyone know if this program is online? would be a huge help. thank you.

current mms student here and have matriculated. I'll kind of lay out my experience for those that are still wondering about the matriculation process. From my speculation after talking to some of my classmates, it turns out that if you want to have an early acceptance letter (in march and april), you need to have at least above a 3.5 by the midterm of the 2nd semester. For us this was roughly like 30 or 40 students out of the remaining 125ish students (I don't know the exact number ofc). Then almost everyone else is put on an alternate list until the end of the semester. I personally know some students that were under a 3.3 after midterm of the 2nd semester and were able to get above a 3.3 gpa by the end of the 2nd semester and they now have gotten their acceptance into the DO program. I do think that LECOM is within their rights to not matriculate you even if you met all the criteria, however I think that is pretty unlikely. I haven't talked to anyone in my class that this has happened to them yet. I will update if I find someone that this has happened to.
so the timelines kinda pans out like this:

January: all students regardless of GPA in first semester will get an interview this month.

end of February: mid terms

beginning of March : acceptance letters being sent out.

End of April: Rejection/alternative list letters sent out. For our class the majority of the students got theirs all at the same time. Many students will be placed on alternate list because their gpa is below a 3.3 or too close to a 3.3. The reason why they do this I believe is because they only accept students before the end of the semester who they think has a much higher chance of meeting the gpa requirement based on their trend on exams and current gpa. So anyone below a 3.5 will most likely be on the alternative list by the end of april. In case they fail or get a C or B on the remaining 3 classes.

early may: finals

mid may: finals are over and grades are posted. Students on the alternative list who are above a 3.3 will start to get their acceptance letter.

It is in your best interest to try to land a spot in March to mid April because spots for your preferred pathway may become filled up if you end up being one of the students that gets your acceptance after the school year has ended. I hope this helped clarify some things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hey Guys, I was wondering that since the deadline for the MMS program is July 1st, 2022, do accepted students start in August, 1 month later? Or this deadline is for the next year's 2023 Start date?

So let's say, I want to apply in June(next month), if accepted, will I start in this program in August 2 months later? Sorry for the silly question but just not sure! Thanks!

current mms student here and have matriculated. I'll kind of lay out my experience for those that are still wondering about the matriculation process. From my speculation after talking to some of my classmates, it turns out that if you want to have an early acceptance letter (in march and april), you need to have at least above a 3.5 by the midterm of the 2nd semester. For us this was roughly like 30 or 40 students out of the remaining 125ish students (I don't know the exact number ofc). Then almost everyone else is put on an alternate list until the end of the semester. I personally know some students that were under a 3.3 after midterm of the 2nd semester and were able to get above a 3.3 gpa by the end of the 2nd semester and they now have gotten their acceptance into the DO program. I do think that LECOM is within their rights to not matriculate you even if you met all the criteria, however I think that is pretty unlikely. I haven't talked to anyone in my class that this has happened to them yet. I will update if I find someone that this has happened to.
so the timelines kinda pans out like this:

January: all students regardless of GPA in first semester will get an interview this month.

end of February: mid terms

beginning of March : acceptance letters being sent out.

End of April: Rejection/alternative list letters sent out. For our class the majority of the students got theirs all at the same time. Many students will be placed on alternate list because their gpa is below a 3.3 or too close to a 3.3. The reason why they do this I believe is because they only accept students before the end of the semester who they think has a much higher chance of meeting the gpa requirement based on their trend on exams and current gpa. So anyone below a 3.5 will most likely be on the alternative list by the end of april. In case they fail or get a C or B on the remaining 3 classes.

early may: finals

mid may: finals are over and grades are posted. Students on the alternative list who are above a 3.3 will start to get their acceptance letter.

It is in your best interest to try to land a spot in March to mid April because spots for your preferred pathway may become filled up if you end up being one of the students that gets your acceptance after the school year has ended. I hope this helped clarify some things.
Really appreciate the insight!

Hey guys! For those who got accepted, how long from being under review to hearing decision was it for you? Months…several weeks? Thanks!

I believe it was about 2 weeks for me, and then another week or so to get my decision in the mail.

I believe it was about 2 weeks for me, and then another week or so to get my decision in the mail.
2 weeks for you? Like did your status go from under review to something else? Before getting a letter a week after that

Yep, from the day of “under review” it was about 2 weeks until it changed to “decision made, letter in the mail within 30 days.” About a week later, the letter arrived.

Yep, from the day of “under review” it was about 2 weeks until it changed to “decision made, letter in the mail within 30 days.” About a week later, the letter arrived.
Thanks! And did you have to do that self record interview at all? I didn’t get a link for that

Thanks! And did you have to do that self record interview at all? I didn’t get a link for that
Nope! Though, I am on the alternate list for Erie medicine so that may be why they bypassed the interview. Not sure what your situation is/if that will apply to you!

Do they only send letters in mail if accepted, or do they reject you via letter in mail as well?

They will send out mail and also send a follow-up email to confirm the committee decision and to tell that you will receive your decision in the mail as well

They will send out mail and also send a follow-up email to confirm the committee decision and to tell that you will receive your decision in the mail as well
How long after do they send out the email? I haven’t received that at any point. But I got my acceptance in the mail over a week ago

How long after do they send out the email? I haven’t received that at any point. But I got my acceptance in the mail over a week ago
i got mine within three days after my status changed on the portal, its just a pdf of the form they mailed in

does anyone know how AIS scores are calculated? like do they only use undergrad gpa and ACT or SAT?

I think AIS score is everything you've done up till now.

I remember that Jamie murphy, while he was still the coodinator, told us that if your AIS score is affected by your MMS courses.

Has anyone gotten any more information about the program? Last I heard was about my financial aid and that I’d get an email about that on July 1st.

Specifically talking about orientation, class schedule, requires books, etc.

I think we have orientation on the 20th of july. but i'm not sure about the mms

Hi everyone! Any idea how many seats are left? Waiting on updates on my application 🤞

Does anybody know if we have the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off?

Does anybody know if we have the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off?
I think I had a glance at previous years’ schedules and Wednesday does seem to be free, or at least there will only be classes in the mornings so you will have most of the day free. But don’t quote me.

for those that decided to attend, was it worth it?

for those that decided to attend, was it worth it?
I found it to be absolutely worth it, as this was my back up in case my other applications fell through (which they unfortunately did)

Welcome to the party! I'm a current MMS student that have been answering question in a previous forum. So if you have any questions about the program feel free to
Welcome to the party! I'm a current MMS student that have been answering question in a previous forum. So if you have any questions about the program feel free to ask!
After you completed the program can you use the Masters to apply to other medical schools? Can you only use it for LECOMM?