LECOM Elmira vs Touro Harlem vs NYITCOM Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrc523

Reaction score
I also posted this on reddit to try to get the most feedback so I apologize in advance if you're seeing it twice.

I’ve been very fortunate to be accepted into these three schools. I need to start deciding due to the deadlines for deposits. Some things I’m taking into consideration so far:

LECOM Elmira
-way cheaper
-like the early clinical experience in 2nd year
-new campus so brand new facilities
-inaugural class hasn’t graduated yet
-5.5 hours away from where I live
-pretty middle of nowhere
-some issues with admin from what I’ve heard

Touro Harlem
-went to undergrad and grad in Manhattan so I’m used to that lifestyle
-love the focus on helping urban underserved folks
-my fiancé works remotely but has an office in the city so this would help him go in to work more often if he wanted to or help him change jobs if needed bc more is available for his field in NYC
-only like a 2.5-hour train trip to get back home to see family if needed
-heard the campus is beautiful on the inside but only a few floors
-i know there were some issues with comlex pass rates in the last few years
-expensive

NYITCOM Long Island
-I’m a Long Island resident so this would allow me to live near family
-partnership with Catholic health services means i likely wouldn’t need to move in third year, so more stability
-they have free clinics not only on Long Island but also in Harlem so still has some benefits of working with touro’s population
-i ultimately want to come back to LI practice and i heard the partnership with Catholic health services would be helpful for residency also
-heard they had some issues with attrition in the past and that they admit more students than they can support?
-expensive lol

I would appreciate any thoughts you all have, thank you so much in advance! Any current students for any of these schools, please feel free to DM me as well

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know enough about NYIT to comment on that school vs Harlem.

However, I know that the general consensus would discourage you from putting yourself into a program with no graduates yet.

I don't know enough about NYIT to comment on that school vs Harlem.

However, I know that the general consensus would discourage you from putting yourself into a program with no graduates yet.
LECOM is diff bc Elmira is a sister campus I believe

Just wanted to chime in and say TouroCOM Harlem has had a 100% pass rate on Complex in the last few years--definitely were problems at the beginning but now has one of the highest pass rates in the country!

Reactions: 1 user